1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess it is OPEN SEASON to kill black men in America...no one seems to care.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 3, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, such an idiotic post. Not even worth the time to point out why this is wrong. Just better to laugh at it and feel a little pity even for the ignorance shown here.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Hmmm not sure if the video was posted.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/15vqUf6H-po" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch it in full screen. It does look like the black kid pulled a gun on the cop.

3. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If he wouldn't have resisted arrest it wouldn't have happened

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If only you had the ability to judge your own posts objectively...you'd realize that 99% of this forum feels the way when they read your posts. Its typical racist right wing nut material that makes some of us question whether you are mentally challenged.

5. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

I'm sorry that you are upset, but I will respond to your insults simply by asking you to point out the place on earth where I am wrong about this.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So you now support genocide of innocent civilians and a "final solution" for the blacks. How did you become so ****ed up in the head? Seriously.

7. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

"Reportedly" is the key word.

When a police officer shoots an unarmed citizen and there isn't a video to document the incident, it's a 99.99% guarantee that the police officer will say one of several things:

1) He reached for my gun!!
    2) He reached for his waistband!!
    3) He doubled back and charged me after I tried to chase him down (this one is the best...that anyone believes stuff like this is just incredulous)
    4) I was in such fear of my life!! I swear the guy looked like Hulk Hogan!! I am still traumatized!!

It totally defies logic that an unarmed man would reach for his waistband while charging a police officer, knowing he didn't have a gun there but it's 100% logical a police officer facing time in prison would fabricate a story using the allegations above.

The cop racially profiled Baker, provoked an altercation and then killed an unarmed man who was simply minding his own business. That he faces no penalty for this is just a joke.

I understand that some on this board simply hate black people but that they think officers like this are good for the community or society is incomprehensible. Cops like this one and the ones in NY are a disgrace to their professions, regardless of the fact the corrupt DA's sell their souls to protect them at all costs.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given everything else you've posted on this forum, it doesn't surprise me that you'd fail to follow along with the conversation. Whatever school system you were/are a part of failed you miserably.

9. rocket3forlife2

So Officer violates rules that could lead to death that actually lead to death and he should only be terminated??? The Officer just took someones father off this earth because he decided that he didn't care about the laws he sweared to uphold and trained to do.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The officer didn't violate any laws, but he violated NYPD protocol so he should be fired. That father died because he was stupid enough to resist arrest, despite knowing better because he was a career criminal that had been arrested dozens of times in the past, and because he was in such bad health that being laid on his stomach was enough to kill him.

This whole ordeal was totally avoidable if the guy just lets the cops cuff him and put him into the car. When you're big, you don't get to be stupid like that.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Boy you're just a bundle of human compassion aren't you Bobby?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can think it's a tragedy that someone was stupid enough to get themselves killed without letting that blind me to the reality of the situation. It's terribly unfortunate that children lost their father. I absolutely wish that he would have been smart enough to just let the cops arrest him and move on with life like he had done dozens of times before, but that didn't happen and I'm not going to blame the cops for the results of his foolish actions.

The cop that violated NYPD policy should be punished for violating protocol, but since no laws were broken, that's the end of it.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Blame the victim.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's only a victim of his own actions.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It also was avoidable if Officer Pantaleo didn't use a banned technique.

In your rush to blame the victim you keep on forgetting that the technique was banned for a very good reason. While NY law might still allow it in certain circumstances given that this was a situation with one non-compliant suspect who was unarmed, heavily outnumbered and not resisting violently should raise questions why Officer Pantaleo felt he had to use a technique that his very department had banned.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Garner probably shouldn't have resisted but that doesn't mean that Officer Pantaleo was right to use such a dangerous technique.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The cop using the takedown technique isn't what killed him, it might have been a contributing factor, but there were numerous things that led to his death. The man was breathing after the hold was released, he didn't choke the man to death. He was morbidly obese and he had asthma so the chest compression caused by his own weight plus the officers trying to cuff him was enough to trigger an attack that killed him. He didn't die because of the method that was used to take him down.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not might have been a contributing factor in Garner's death... it was a contributing factor, as deemed by the NY medical examiner, who also categorized the death as a homicide. So yes... he did die because of the method (at least in part).

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay....the point remains, there were multiple factors, the most important of which being the man's poor health. I get why people want to point to the minor contributing factor of the takedown though, they are looking for someone else to blame and that's basically the only way they can. Garner was a victim of his own poor choices, he was a career criminal who had been arrested literally dozens of times, he knew the routine.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The medical examiner that examined the body didn't assign "a most important" contributing factor, nor did he assign a "minor contributing factor."

So unless you flew out to NY, quickly received your degree and gained experience as an ME, and then examined the body to make your conclusions, let's accept the determination of the ME that did examine the victim.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All factors were listed, but he was breathing after the choke hold was released, suggesting that if anything, it was a minor factor. The compression of his chest is what was going on when he stopped breathing suggesting it was a more important factor as was the morbid obesity, asthma, and heart disease.

Again, the sad part is that this was so avoidable if Garner just let's the cops cuff him like they've had to do throughout his entire life. He knew better than to resist and it led to his death. Let's give him his Darwin award and move on.