1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess it is OPEN SEASON to kill black men in America...no one seems to care.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

This footage will probably be more anticipated than Christmas itself in St Louis especially

2. VanityHalfBlack

Pointing a gun at an officer?

3. Remii

Remii Member

The police will shoot you if you're in Wal-Mart holding a toy gun so they will definitely shoot you if you point a gun at them on the street. If in fact the kid pointed a gun at the cop. I wonder if it was caught on video... Here lately police officers haven't looked to good when they have been caught on video.

4. VanityHalfBlack

I've never been to Missouri but even before all the hail storm that's been happening, is it that bad in terms of crime? Missouri makes Texas look like a saint right about now. I always thought places like Detroit or Baltimore is the worst??

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be interested in seeing video of this but pending other info I have a hard time blaming the officers for shooting someone pointing a gun at them. Especially given that two cops were shot ambush style four days ago.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

7. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

The victim could have shot at the police, tried to run over him in his car, and thrown a grenade at him and you'd still have these protesters claiming police brutality. As we have learned with the Michael Brown case, the evidence just doesn't matter. These are simply irrational people that out on the street protesting.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You can see the 18 year old pointing a gun at the officer. He obviously didn't want to live very long. I have no issue with this shooting.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

They showed the video of them to the store and the only angle they had was just the 2 guys getting out the car. You can barely see the cop

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Closer to home. Unarmed. Which leads one to ask... if he was unarmed, why was he (reportedly) reaching for his waist for a gun he didn't have?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Grand-jury-decision-looms-in-deadly-police-5975544.php

At least the DA apologizes to the family and attempted to suggest the officer's actions were wrong:

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Berkeley, Missouri mayor on fatal police shooting: The video shows that the deceased pointed a gun at the officer <a href="http://t.co/2UUljsKiLp">pic.twitter.com/2UUljsKiLp</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/547778413176430592">December 24, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Berkeley, Missouri mayor: 'Jumping to conclusion before investigating is not acceptable' <a href="http://t.co/WxRAaHTHqS">http://t.co/WxRAaHTHqS</a> <a href="http://t.co/qKY2lLkrNB">pic.twitter.com/qKY2lLkrNB</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/547779035745767424">December 24, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know how bad of a crime rate they have there but that's hillbilly country....

If he indeed pointed a gun at a cop... I have to take the cops side on this one.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You can't hide your Bigotry, can you? Yes.....the kid was in the wrong. No need to gloat.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's true, I can be a bit bigoted against violent criminals. I have absolutely no tolerance for them, and honestly don't think that anyone should.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Finally. Somebody speaking truth.

The anti-police crowd has really looked ugly the past few days between this and the senseless murder of the NYPD policemen.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then again, the definition of "bigot" implies that the intolerance is somehow unfair and I don't think that's the case, so maybe you should have worded that more accurately.

18. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

If you point a gun at an officer. You get shot. End of story. Not a race thing. Moving right along....

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sadly, this is true. But you can see there is a difference even in their reaction. These protests will die down quickly when the facts are out there.