1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tony Brothers Hate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Dec 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Can we do anything about it ? This is pathetic

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've been saying it for a very long time now. He's EASILY surpassed Joey Crawford as the worst ref in the league. It's not even close.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yes, especially dmo

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

Please post a gif with atleast 2 bad calls against Rockets, because you guys overreacting. There was so many silly fouls by Rockets that you can't ignore as a reff.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant believe it took me this long to know who this **** **** is. i heard his hsi name before but only cuz of one bad call here and there then i forget. this mug is something else.

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'm guessing you were box score watching?

7. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

What is our record when tony brothers refs our games?

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

how about u watch the game so u wont have to talk out out your ass

1 person likes this.
  9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If i'm not mistaken I think all calls by the refs are evaluated as part of their performance review. So while there might not be a case made for a "series" of calls in favor or against a team, poor calls I think do get logged in their performance reviews. It's not much to satisfy pissed off fans where bad calls cost games, but it's something.....I'm trying here.

10. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not usually one to say a game was rigged... but there were a ton of terrible ticky-tack calls on the Rockets that they weren't calling against the Hawks.

And these weren't fouls on drives to the basket or anything where the Hawks were at least attacking.

These were random ticky-tack calls that changed possessions. If you read what Tim Donaghy said, he says if he was favoring a team, he would call a random travel or a moving screen or push in the back or any other call no matter how little contact or movement there is because you can find those calls on almost every play.

And those were exactly the kinds of calls that kept giving the Hawks the ball.

It wasn't a fairly called game at all.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Fixed....rigged? Maybe the ref blew some calls, but why on earth would there be a conspiracy to fix a game so that the freakin Atlanta Hawks of all people would beat the Rockets?? I understand people are upset, but the conspiracy theories are silly. **** happens. Refs are human.

The Rockets have been winning a bunch of close games lately. The odds have to even out sooner or later.

12. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. There's no way Tim Donaghy was the only ref rigging games. He's just the only one that got caught. If there's one there's bound to be more.

My idea to fix the bad officiating in the league is to fire all NBA refs and have a 3rd party officiating company do it...that way there can be no funny business coming from the big office.

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Seriously ... We have the best sports fan forum on the planet ... We should be able to get These refs exposed

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's sad too because you can actually make a case for this and you even have had one ref come out and say that there are crooked refs.

The NBA's response wasn't to look into this, look into their own officiating but to shout down Tim Donaghy and just call him a liar and be done with it. Just call him a rogue ref and move on.

So there's that. The NBA should have been investigated their own refs after that, even if he was a 'rogue' ref he still admitted to doing it himself. So then you have to be worried that you may have other 'rogue' refs calling games...

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ok, I am a little pissed, so excuse the yelling.

THERE ARE TWO HANDS EXTENDED IN HOWARDS BACK EVERY MOTHER ****ING TIME HE POSTS UP - SAME WITH DMO - THAT IS A MOTHER****ING FOUL !

DD

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I doubt the NBA would care about this game.

Refs though have had a history in many sports making money off betting on games that they happen to be calling...

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The feelz bro....the feelz....preach.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I actually said to my friend yesterday - when Duncan got a foul called for him when posting up and the defender had two in his back.

If Dwight was given calls like that the opposing team wouldn't have a front like 5 minutes into the game.

It's beyond a joke at this point how different he is refereed than other big men.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We played terrible. We looked so slow the first half, but in the second half we came a live and every time we got close it seemed we got a terrible call or no calls. Antic is a friggin' 270 flopper. Dude was throwing Harden around and then flopped when REF looked.

The officials in this game seemed to be looking for anything they could call on the Rockets...

- Carry on Terry, I saw two Hawks do it worse
    - Travel on Terry, Milsap's on next play was far more blatant
    - Dwight's foul on Terry's shot
    - Etc.

I'm a homer, but tonight was ridiculous!

1 person likes this.