1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The T-wolves beat writer saying Brewer will have a kid's party function tomorrow in Min.

Well, not sure if he will skip that can come over right away.

2. mockster

mockster Member

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

hearing we got another good defender in brewer is music to my ears. it's like i'm listening to the greatest song in the world.

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Not that one player would secure his spot but, it would make you think twice if you're going to lose additional assets, right?

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Corey Brewer to <a href="https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda">@JerryZgoda</a>: &quot;To get traded to a tm where the guy who's coaching is the guy who drafted you ..., that's my guy, I love Mac.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/546043955549204481">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is cool. Instant chemistry.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think Morey would actually feel bad if he traded Garcia. Garcia has twice taken vet minimum deals instead of even sniffing the market because he wanted to be here.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

People who are saying this is a bad trade don't understand Morey is not done dealing. We still have the Pelicans 1st rounder. Fingers crossed for Wright or Dragic either would be outstanding.

8. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

If im not mistaken i think Garcia has to approve of any trade.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If you wanna crown em, then CROWN THEIR ASS!!!

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

He's going to "buy in" here too, McHale drafted him, and most if not all of the staff has coached him at one point

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The opposite.

This is clearly a McHale choice more than a Morey's choice.

Unlike Joham whose a complete Morey disaster last year, if Brewer will fail, McHale will get most of the blame.

If h is doing well, if will not affect much if McHale will stay or not.

12. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

GOLDEN

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

When can Brewer and Turiaf be traded again? 60 days from today is either Feb. 17th or 18th depending on how it's counted. Is that the day?

Secondly, seems like our big tradeable contracts now are KPap (upside, team option next year), Ariza (seems unlikely, but if a big fish coming back), Jason Terry (big, expiring contract).

Seems like to get anyone like even a Dragic back, you'd have to include one of the above plus more valuable assets. If you ultimately are getting a PG back, then moving Terry obviously is not a huge deal, since you'd have Beverly + whomever you got.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Not a big Brewer guy, but he'll fit well in Houston, and Rox need depth badly. I like them going wing over big (B. Bass).</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/546045200859418624">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

[​IMG]

You want to trade me bro?

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Pretty sure Harden would be upset with Morey if Garcia have gotten traded. Those two are close.

17. callmened

callmened Member

great trade. big fan of brewer...can play sf and sg

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am not buying the feel bad reason.

But I do believe there could be some sort of secret agreement with Garcia and his agent during the summer to ask him to opt out of the contract, basically guaranteed the Rockets will not cut him no matter what.

The so called veteran leadership is bullcrap, Garcia's performance should not let him stay in this team.

19. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

good trade...this can provide some rest for Ariza

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They can be traded IMMEDIATELY individually. But it will be 60 days before they can be sent out packaged with other players.