1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

A free throw?

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Daniels might have been a separate deal

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dude is a stud at taking off. Excellent point. It's something we've missed since Parsons. Ariza just isn't the gazelle Parsons is, but Brewer is very good at being the lead horse and he will dunk that s**t!

As Rockets fans I think we can all love this moment in history:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iNIpnQInXjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's business, Troy. It ain't personal. Look at the bright side. You'll get a ton of playing time with the T'Wolves.

5. craguin

craguin Member

It couldn't be combined, for example, to acquire a single player whose salary exceeded the Lin TPE (e.g., salary matching) ...

Exceptions:

(1) a trade exception from the Jeremy Lin trade that allows Houston to absorb one or more contracts totaling not more than $8.47 million (and which CANNOT be combined with other salaries for matching purposes in trades)

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

True, he is a good defender. I was just saying he wasnt elite (Allen, kawhi, lebron etc)

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The thing with Brewer is that he really needs to improve that 3 point % regardless of anything because if he's shooting like **** teams are going to know he's gonna drive the basket, whether he pump fakes or not.

It's like football, your run game needs to be somewhat effective to develop the play action successfully.

Hopefully with the change in scenery Brewer shoots better. He needs to get it to 30-35%

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Just our luck daniels will hit ten threes in our next game against them.......

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I like this

10. Possum

Possum Member

Throw Beverly in there as we'll.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Here's a quote I just found about Brewer made by a Wolves fan

Brewer is better as a 6th man, but he plays the same D starting or off the bench...None.

12. NotChandlerParsons

Boy do I have bad news for you.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

I almost spit all over my computer screen at work when I read Allen. I thought you meant Jesus Shuttleworth.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dat corner shot doe...

Shot chart:
    [​IMG]

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, when you do the math, his opponent would be putting up about 15 points per game (assuming Brewer plays 32 minutes in a game).

But keep in mind, the Timberwolves have no real rim protection and that Brewer is likely guarding the opponent's best player while also having to be a big part of the offense. Here, he'll either be playing on a very offense heavy bench (Jones and Canaan) or he'll be playing with Howard or Motiejuanas who can protect the rim.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Pick pocket city is our new nickname.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

AB was traded for a 1st and Dragic. That's about as high a return as he ever would've gotten.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Only one corner...

Basically he should run straight to that corner, otherwise if shoots a 3 he should get nut punched.

19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

You guys will love Brewer! He brings that tenacious Defense every night. This is a another steal for Morey!

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We traded a guy who could do nothing but shoot 3s for a guy who can do little bit of everything but shoot 3s.

For a team built around 3 point shooting to make this trade, it screams of "We finally value defense."

I like.