1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

A two wouldn't work for me, I would rather have a young player that the Celtics could keep around than a second. Celtics have a ton of 1st rounders as it is 2nds do nothing for me currently.

2. basketballholic

Possibly. Just mentioning possibilities for BOS snagging a first for Brandan Wright.

CLE (but they really don't have a first to give), GS (have to be a salary trade involved with most likely David Lee going out with a minimum salary guy and their first rounder for Wright and Wallace), HOU (possibly a 2017 or 2019 first lottery protected), and TOR (late first round pick and a player like Hayes going out).

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Talking about right this second. Today at this time.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

BimaThug is killing my hopes and dreams. He knows something we don't, and that's that nothing is happening today based on his Twitter tone.

Screw it. We're still 19-6.

6. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Cyberx who do you think has more value around the league Dmo or Wright. Just curious Im Rox fans Im not saying Wright is better than Dmo just curious. Some say Celtics could get a first, looks live I overvalued Rondo and undervalued Wright.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I left for 10 minutes to grab a bite to eat, saw the page number increase 5 more pages.. Thought something happened/developing..

Nope, just arguing is Dmo or Hill is better. Hahaha. This thread, man!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't misunderstand what he's saying.

Bima is saying what I said earlier. Morey isn't going to just blow the TPE on some scrub or throw away a first round pick just to use it.

If there is a player he wants he'll use it. If he can't get a deal he wants he won't.

People in here are overrating the contract aspect of using the TPE. You don't need to use it just to get a contract unless there is actually a player to target with the increase. If Dragic is the target for the Rockets there is no need to go get a player with the TPE to trade for him later. In fact, it might make it easier to just keep the TPE.

Set BBallhollic's fantasy theories of getting a guy now and giving him some weird extension just to trade him in the offseason stuff aside.

If Morey trades for Brewer it's because he thinks he can help the team between now and the deadline and then we'll see where we are.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Jesus. Apologies to cyberx for asking, what I thought was, a simple question. He said a scout told him Hill has more value than DMo. He wasn't solely stating his own opinion.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously. Doesn't mean the scout was right though. Hill over DMo is pretty indefensible unless you are talking only about rebounding and finishing at the rim. If those are the only 2 things you care about, then sure, Hill over DMo. It would make a lot of sense if he was a scout for a team that pays no attention to defense at all that he wouldn't be looking at things like that.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Dmo over Wright...

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It's ClutchFans. Some members will take something you say and run RUN with it. Like it's an insult.

Yeah, apologies to CyberX ... some fans I swear.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DMO has had maybe 12 or 15 good games and now his value is through the roof for many rocket fans and that's understandable. But many in here would have traded him all day and everyday for Hill before these good games this off season. DMO has been a revelation in many aspects of the game as a 7 footer accept rebounding.

14. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Who cares let's get back on who the rockets may get. I swear yall argue like a bunch of pre-teen girls.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ranny

Ranny Member

Cyberex dont get distracted with irrelevant things, who cares about Hill Vs. DMo right now?? You may be right or may be wrong about who is better between those two but other than their potential value as trade chips and it only matters if they hare being shopped around, if not the discussion is currently irrelevant and since you are a Lakers fan your opinion in that subject will not be taken objectively by the vast majority of posters, so please Stick to bringing us inside information for the time being, we can argue about that later.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Ridiculous . Who are you to tell people what they can/should post about?

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, you seem like a cool Dude...and bring a ton to the table.....

The agent side that you are apart of obviously lends itself to being privy to many of the daily comings and goings in the League.

My sense is that you get hit with so many questions around here though ....and get stretched thin.

We all have our limitations.

I've noticed that player analysis is one of those areas for you....AND that you're connected to and/or are a fan of the Lakers.. It is what it is, Bro...We're all human.

So, I say this with much respect, seriously....C'MON MAN !!!!...and all you sycophants too, that have stopped thinking for yourselves...

I'm not even going to break it down ....

DMo is one of the hottest commodities in the League and the idea that Jordan Hill is even in the same ballpark is ludicrous.

All that said......

I want it clear between us.....This is NOT personal...There have been enough snipes in here over the last 6 months to last a lifetime....As much as folks would plot us against each other...We don't need to buy into it. I've been here forever and you are a highly valued member/contributor.

So, what I propose is this - Let's you and I get together, smoke that good ole peace pipe, and hit a game sometime #soon.....AND LET'S MAKE A CONCERTED EFFORT TO GRAB EVERY PERSON IN THIS FORUM WE CAN! I'm talking about a huge get together with folks from across the spectrum. I think something like this would go a long way to bringing our forum closer....It's about BASKETBALL and good times. Let Love Rule!

1 person likes this.
  18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

19. Ranny

Ranny Member

Calm down, it may have sounded demanding, but it was more of a recommendation than anything else. Besides he gave his opinion that Hill had a better value than DMo and immediately people started calling him a homer and a laker fan, so i may be right that its not a very productive/relevant argument right now and he gets burned for giving his opinion because he is a Laker fan.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he didn't give "his opinion" he relayed the opinion of someone he asked about it.....who probably works for the Lakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.