1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Mavericks, Rockets have discussed Rajon Rondo trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 17, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rondo will help the Mavs, but they will miss Wright's presence.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

As the trade of James Harden, people said they will miss Kevin Martin. LOL.

3. Ghost_of_Akeem

Disappointed that Dallas got him, he's a good fit playing next to Ellis.

Regardless, I don't think he would have worked out as well here so I'm glad Morey didn't pursue.

Rockets biggest issue is staying healthy, if this team could just get healthy I think we have enough depth now to challenge for the title.

4. saleem

We shall see. Perhaps you are right, but you could be wrong too.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I am kind of glad we didn't get Rondo; no telling what we would had to give up, his fit here would be questionable and the past 3 years, he's had a negative on/off record, meaning his team actually performed better with him off the floor. With a awful roster like the one the Celtics had the last 3 years, it should've been very easy for a star to improve the team's play while on the floor.

6. redglare92

redglare92 Member

The Monstars comparison is on point. Rondo-Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Tyson is a devastating starting line up. Rondo adds a lot of intangibles to a team that's already on a tear offensively. By the time we get Terrence Jones back, they'll probably have clicked and will playing with a full head of steam.

We missed out on acquiring Rondo but it's still not too late to add some value to the roster, be it Dragic and Brewer or whomever else preferably before the All Star break so they have some time to make the necessary adjustments come playoff time in April.

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Cuban wants champ this year badly.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He wants to win big and in the face of Maurey to show him who is the boss.

Childish to ask me but yeah.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I honestly don't think they will considering Jermaine O Neal and Okafor will be returning the 2nd half of the season

thats easy pickings for the Mavs

Mavs are going to be scary and it sucks

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Actually going all-out is Cuban's only possibility given that Dirk's window is closing fast.

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

They will be scary only if Rondo greatly improves their defense. If they are still in the bottom 3rd of the league it won't matter how much better Rondo makes the offense.

12. TheJet

TheJet Member

Adding Rondo is definitely an upgrade for Dallas. But he still has a LOT to prove to me. He'll probably facilitate their offense better, but they were already very good. And taking the ball out of Ellis' hands more might work and it might not. But defensively Rondo isn't the lock down guy he once was. He'll be above average, but will it drastically improve the team defense? I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't think he's the same guy he was four years ago. Maybe he proves me wrong, we'll see.

13. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

No wright means the mavs are one Tyson Chandler injury away from capitulation.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Apples to oranges

We replaced kmart with beard

They added rondo but subtracted wright

16. saleem

I am not surprised at the highlighted part. Morey probably didn't dangle the Asik pick when he couldn't get a 3rd team. I think he didn't want to give up D-Mo in a trade for Rondo.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

wright has never averaged more than 18 minutes in his career. this is his 8th season. people act like hes a star or going to be one. wright played well for dallas but he's not the difference between winning a ship. rondo can be. there's no comparison bw rondo and wright

18. vlaurelio

Who are Mavs backup 4 and 5 now?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like aminu and cv as of now, barring another signing such as oneal etc...if you're looking at it from a houston perspective, they aren't as bad as black/dorsey being houstons backups

20. vlaurelio

You compare It to Dallas pre-trade not to some other team that's how it works

Plus you have r Jefferson backing up bad back parsons