1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabesque

sabesque Member

Cyberx, if morey was in the rondo race + knowing what actually got rondo, do you know what moreys strategy was?

Low balling just in case or was he really going for it?

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I guess no trade happening today.

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wonder if today (or tomorrow-ish?) is still a self-imposed Morey-ish deadline so any players acquired can be flipped at the February deadline, if need be.

Probably, of course.

Even if the target is Dragic (of whom cyberx has heard nothing, but did ask if anyone else had heard anything about Dragic from other sources), whose salary is relatively low, you do have so many more options when you can package more players together in a trade.

Thanks for chiming in, cyberx. Keep the info coming.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And with all due respect, you have a very high opinion of your opinion. Dragic had an All Star caliber season last year, in my own humble opinion, and could have easily been selected. There was (and is this year as well) an unusually high number of very excellent points in the league. In a more typical season for point guards, I think Goran gets selected. Damn near did last season.

Just an FYI - members who make every post sound like they know all there is to know and that whoever disagrees with them is a goofus generally get viewed as an irritating gadfly around here, one that members don't take too seriously, if at all. Something to ponder.

Oh, and Dream is far from being a ghost. He was, and always has been, a nightmare for opposing teams. The Dream is alive. Alive for us and doing good work with our bigs, bless him.

1 person likes this.
  6. basketballholic

Today is a key day in Morey's attempt to bring in Goran. Look for 3-way talks to emerge between Morey Ainge Phoenix involving Wright going to Phoenix and Goran coming here.

Rondo's trade value was basically a first, a second, and Wright. That means Phoenix shouldn't expect more than that for Dragic.

So it all depends on what Ainge can get for Wright. I'm sure Cleveland wants him. Wouldn't be surprised if GS wants him. And since it appears that our Knicks pick is going to Minny for Brewer. ....I think we will probably have to offer Ainge a future first (either 2017 or 2019) to get Wright. Then Wright plus another first (2017 or 2019) plus a second for Goran.

IOW, the most we should have to give up for Goran is probably 2 futures first rounders that aren't the Pels pick plus a second plus inconsequential contacts thrown in.

If Phoenix doesn't deal Dragic today, his value is going to fall going forward.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We should just give Phoenix the Pelican's pick. It's going to be a very late lotto pick and it would essentially be a Asik for Dragic trade which is totally fair for everyone.

8. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I don't think we get dragic today, but maybe brewer. I don't see why the suns let us have him earlier then the deadline date ( if we were to get him in the first place).

Still hoping for a fun day.

9. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

I would like to see the Celtics flip Wright to the Cavs for Waiters

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I bet PHX would love to have Asik for Dragic right about now...or held onto RoLo...or Gortat

11. Zbed

Zbed Member

Bballholic bomb?

12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

O god yes David West & Beverley on the SAME TEAM?!?!

Where do I sign?

#leaguefurked

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

you definitely have the wrong scouting report on dragic. james harden even said dragic should have been an all star last year

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why are people thinking something may happen today?

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

How about something like this:

HOU In: Jeff Green, Dragic
    HOU Out: Terry, Capela, Canaan, NOP 1st, NYK 2nd

BOS In: Terry, Capela, Canaan, NYK 2nd
    BOS Out: Jeff Green, Wright

PHX Out: Dragic
    PHX In: Wright, NOP 1st

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

One of the rare times we agree LOL, is I believe as well that Dragic's trade value will dicipate the closer it gets to the trade deadline.

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

Players that are traded for by today can then be re-traded after 60 days. Which would be February 19th, the NBA trade deadline.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

All indications are, from what you hear from the blogosphere, is that Phoenix is motivated to get an actual player. Not sure what the Pelles pick does for them. And Captain obvious would tell you that its a big man that they probably wanting.

My guess is that 3 team trades involving the Pelles pick would be the best option unless Phoenix has seen enough of D-Mo to think he's "A player we can build around" type.

Also, I would have to think that Greg Monroe is, or should be a pretty decent options for a 3 team trade like this. Detroit needs picks like never before, and Phoenix will have the cap space to be able to retain Monroe this Summer unlike alot of teams that would like to trade for him, but can't take the risk of losing him.

I Dunno, but I'd say any Dragic deal is probably going to have to be with another 3rd team involved if its done by today... which I doubt. I think Dragic probably gets held onto by the trade deadline because I think Phoenix is looking big name... like Kevin Love big name believe it or not.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

all nba 3rd team and nearly led phx into the loaded western conference playoffs last year without bledsoe. do your homework on dragic before you criticize please

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's not going to be the end of the world, if they don't get anything done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.