1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic is now following the Rockets on Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Space City, Dec 17, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

More disappointed that there has been no mention of a Dynex TV.

2. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Me and another poster had a chuckle back on page 1 about Dynex :(

1 person likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Aww damn I missed that.. Rep for you, sir.

4. rocket_phem

rocket_phem Member

He knocked out pacquiao because of that....

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

PHX ain't contending anytime soon. We are on the cusp.

As a free agent, if he wants to win, no way he chooses PHX over HOU.

(But then that's the way we thought with Melo, Bosh, etc etc.)

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Does Dragic use an insignia computer to access Twitter?

8. anchel

anchel Member

It is? I think they appear in chronological order.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol at the last paragraph. Why you do that?

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Coming back to the H-Town?

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

I am sorry, but this post just is not true.

When the Rockets traded for him, he was a backup. Due to injuries, he got a chance to start and during the time starting he played much better than what most people were expecting. It was a relatively short stint starting, and everyone was wondering if he would be able to continue his good play as a starter over the course of a whole season. It was seen as a risk to give him as much money as he got for as long as he got.

Not only that, he definitely did not choose money over winning. At the time, the Rockets were coming off of years of mediocrity. We had years of being not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get a good draft pick. That offseason that he left looked like it was shaping up that the Rockets would finally be bad enough to tank and get a good draft pick. We missed out on signing Dragic and signed Jeremy Lin instead. Then everyone was predicting us to finish near the bottom of the Western Conference. A lot of people predicted us to finish dead last. If we had Dragic instead of Lin, sure that would have made us better, but it definitely would not have put our team in the 'upper echelon of elite teams' like you said.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, and a couple of days before the season we traded for James Harden which transformed that season and our franchise. But at the time when Dragic made the decision to go to Phoenix, he had no way to know that.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If dragic accepted our offer contract, he'd probably be in OKC....

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

We wouldn't have been able to trade Dragic during that offseason. Have to wait so long after signing a player before trading him, I think it is in mid December for players that were signed during the offseason

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

the guy he followed after is a suns fan

all of this means nothing.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not saying there is any significance to him following the Rockets... but why would him following a Suns fan after following the Rockets discredit the Rockets follow?

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Is it just me or aren't we doing just fine right now as for as the PG position goes? Beverly has shown up and dont great thus far, terry had held is own as a backup as well as caanan. I don't think a PG is as much of a need like we thought it would be at the start of the season anymore.

i think we are in much more need of big men. a backup 4/5 or a dominant 4 guard. Dmo is doing well so far, but we don't have a bench right now at all and thats whats hurting us.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I hope this is true and Houston gets Dragic for my birthday. That would absolutely make me giddy. I will be closely monitoring the DNP list over the next two games and overreacting based on who doesn't play.

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

There is an article on Traveler's today on the Dragic-Rockets Twittergate
    Article also references a twitter account that saw it @ 3:16 PM - 16 Dec 2014
    Now it looks like he has unfollowed the Rockets. It's not in the follwed list and his count is back down to 203. Surmise what you will.

We joke about this twitter thing, but wasn't the Lebron to Cavs scoop sorta discovered by sleuthing out the color scheme on some behind the curtain webpages on his website?

19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Why is it every time I hear his name..I hear it in this guys voice?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

We need another playmaker for the playoffs. Look at last year's series against Portland for reference. It was pretty much 2 or 3 guys draped on Harden, Portland letting Dwight have his way with 2 pointers and Houston had no one else who could generate offense when Portland keyed on Harden.

Terry has been better than I think any of us thought, but he's still a very inconsistent player and this is a long season for a vet of his age. In the playoffs it will be a tight rotation so that means the Bev & Harden rotation will have to include an inconsistent but experienced Terry or an inexperienced but more upside guy in Canaan. Personally I would rather have a 3 man guard rotation of Harden, Dragic, and Bev. Dragic is dangerous enough that teams have to respect when he has the ball. It would also give us a killer small ball lineup depending on the matchup - Bev, Dragic, Harden, Ariza, Howard.

Personally I think Dmo is a decent enough player to be our starting PF. The problem has been with both our projected starters out(TJones & DH), our rotation has been reduced to end of the bench type of guys. With Dmo's growth, I think a TJones, Dmo, Howard big rotation is fine. Maybe add one other "in a pinch" guy like Brandon Bass as a backup plan but I don't think you need to swing for the fences and get a top flight PF.