1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I would like to see Greg Monroe. On a terrible Piston team and he is now coming off the bench. Brings 6'11" height which is badly needed.

2. Zbed

Zbed Member

So glad DM is on our side he's like an evil genius.......In Morleys we trust

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Only teams that can trade for Monroe are essentially teams that have enough cap space to offer him the max next Summer. The Rockets run a major risk of not being able to keep him. Probably not a target for Morey because of this unless its a give away and they are assuming its a rental.

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Can we not go over the cap/tax threshold to sign him to resign him?

5. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Morey does keep life interesting, always wondering what he is going to pull off next.

I am afraid that to get a decent player for the trade exception we also might have to give a young player for a crap player simultaneously to get the good player for the trade exception.

Don't know if I worded the above right. (my brain is rottting away fast).:rolleyes:

#16085 No Chance, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Bird rights wouldnt be transferred.

7. bongman

bongman Member

I'd like to order one large Frye please.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Frye or Korver seem like Morey moves

9. dobro1229

As Cyberx said. You need Bird Rights to sign above the cap. I do think the Rockets would still take him though. Its just that they wouldn't give up anything to get him, and who knows, maybe Detroit still thinks they have a chance at resigning him, and might be asking for the moon.

10. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

gotcha.

11. dobro1229

Keep dreaming with Korver. Atlanta is actually good this year (14 -6), and he's one of their best players shooting a ridiculous 55% from 3.

I don't know why anyone on this earth thinks Atlanta is selling off their good players. The owners there could care less about winning the title as they've shown for the past decade of being totally fine with being a 2nd round exit playoff team.

They aren't giving away Korver, Horford, or especially Millsap.

1 person likes this.
  12. Progs

Progs Member

Morey is not dumb. No way he trades Dmo for Millsap. I think he would do it for Dragic though. No one really wants Jones. Since last season they(other gm's) always asked for Dmo first and DM counters with Jones.

1 person likes this.
  13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

We are deeper at PG than PF. In fact, we at so thin at PF that I would have to seriously upgrade at PG to give up DMo and assets. I would of Jones was healthy, but it sounds like he needs an Avatar to play this season.

14. dobro1229

I'm a huge D-Mo fan, but D-Mo has had about 10 good games in the NBA over 3 years.

Paul Millsap is about to be a 2 time all-star, and consistently the best player on a consistent playoff team (albeit in a terrible Eastern conf.).

Morey would be far from dumb by making that trade if it was possible to make it, and the Hawks were crazy enough to take a swing at D-Mo for the future & piss off their fans.

15. craguin

craguin Member

At $8.579M, Channing Frye would not fit into the TPE, right?

"Exceptions:

(1) a trade exception from the Jeremy Lin trade that allows Houston to absorb one or more contracts totaling not more than $8.47 million"

I would think you'd want to max out as much as possible on one player [Brandon Jennings, Jeff Teague, George Hill, or OJ Mayo, each at $8M] or a combination of players [Samuel Dalembert + Jason Smith (Knicks), CJ Miles + Ian Mahinmi (Pacers), or pick two: Dion Waiters (Cavs), Darrell Arthur (Nuggets), Mirza Teletovic (Nets)]

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Right, makes sense considering you can't trade a TPE, but can surely trade the player that was absorbed by TPE by the deadline...

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Truer words, dude.

I don't bother with Atlanta trade scenarios because the Hawks have to tippy-toe around after Danny Ferry's "he's an African---not a dishonest steal-from-you African" comments. I don't see them making moves to alienate their fans. Either of them.

18. dobro1229

Yep. Plus if they've been perfectly fine for the past decade being just a 2nd round exit playoff team, why would they all sudden say... "Hmm... 14 - 6 to start the year off and #2 overall in the East... LETS TANK".

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Your kidding right?

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Nope. Only Detroit has his bird rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.