1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eslate22

eslate22 Member

donut is balling because the coaching staff finally realized that donut isn't a stretch 4... he is a true power forward... now he doesn't have the girth of one but he's got better post moves than most of the big men in the league... its a dying art and we got 2 guys that are pretty good at it

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're got that right. However, who's a role player, and who's something more? Lowry turned into something more, and that's just one example. Will Donatas level as a solid 4/5? Not a star 4/5 that, as was pointed out a while ago, a team can build around? Jones also has the potential to be more than a solid 4, playing a role. Right now, we just don't know. Both have given us glimpses, especially Donuts recently, but can either be consistent? Can they rise to become star caliber players? Is Motiejūnas becoming that third star right before our eyes? Who the hell knows? That's why we watch the games, and speculation about it obviously drives a lot of conversation around here. It's why Morey gets paid the big bucks. To figure it out.

1 person likes this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

TBD. The current Donuts hasn't played with Howard yet. The old Donuts played like he had vertigo constantly falling to the ground. When was the last time we've seen Donuts hitting the ground from being weak?

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you mean a power forward that can shoot..............no such thing as a stretch 4

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Basketballholic can do it for free...:eek:

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Donuts has never played this well, with or without Howard, before. He's clearly just improved as a player.

I think it might have something to do with minutes (and getting fewer of them could hurt his productivity, even on a per-minute basis), but I think he can fit with Dwight.

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. Wouldn't even think twice if Milsap were offered for DMO in a trade, no brainer. Some people just fall in love with these players after 10 or so games and lose complete focus. Amazing

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

This should ring very true to folks that have been following the team for at least two years. :grin:

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you guys think we should trade dmo for unibrow now, or wait out this uptrend and try to sell even higher?

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

I don't disagree that you sell high for the right player.

But on the second part, isn't that part of the fun? Watching young guys on your team develop and then rolling with a guy as he grows?

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Unibrow + Asik. Now.

12. basketballholic

I think we should go back and check how many of the posters last year didn't want to trade Terrence for Millsap but want to trade DMo for Millsap now. I think that would be funny.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No, but what you have is a legit 7 footer with a nice post game, solid on the ball defender, also capable of stretching out to the 3 point line and still seemingly getting better and better. I believe there would be a pretty big market for DMo. 7 footers with his skill set don't grow on trees. My excitement is tempered a bit, but I think DMo has not come close to reaching his ceiling. There are valid reasons to be excited by his future.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

whatever happens, whoever does get traded, whoever wins an election, etc...please don't ever deprive us of your comedy again :grin:

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, who the heck are we gonna get for a deal that includes Dmo?

That elusive "third star"?

Many "third stars" we might find available could just be fools' gold. Most of us are just saying, don't trade Dmo unless the third star is truly that. Especially as thin as we are at the 4/5.

16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

If Dwill comes as a 6th man I okay with it but still you don't pay a 6th man 20 mil

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Except everyone on this board would have and would still trade Terrence Jones for Paul Millsap.

Its only that YOU and a couple select others (Cxbby) wanted to trade Jones AND D-Mo (yep... you wanted him gone then too) for whatever scraps they could get back in November of 2013 because they were "Out of the Rotation" and apparently their trade value was going to drop since they were currently "Out of the rotation" in the first week of the season of their sophomore seasons.

Get your facts straight Dr. Jekyll.... YOU wanted to trade D-Mo last season, and on top of that you'd sacrifice your firstborn in order to trade Terrence Jones for a heap of garbage. You were so wrapped up in your own fixation that you took people disagreeing with your campaign to dump Jones for disagreement with trading him in a deal that ACTUALLY MADE SENSE.

However people here actually do think rationally .... probably 80% of the time, and knew that just because they would trade him for a very good veteran PF like Millsap, they weren't trying to sell him like last week's Tuna Salad from Jasons Deli like you would.

Trying to call out "many posters" that said they wouldn't have traded Jones for Millsap is a pretty big waste of time.... so please please please.... spend this afternoon on this well thought out slam on myself and other posters we know you are dying to show up. Maybe you will luck out and find a post where I disagreed that sending Jones and picks to Minnesota for Derrick Williams is a dumb idea. Close enough right???

18. Raven

Raven Member

Players are known to have brief spurts of greatness and then level off again. Lin being a perfect example. D-Mo shows promise, but a month of solid play is still only a month. Millsap is a legit veteran. He's not a star, but he's damn close to it, and he'd be perfect for the Rockets. I'd trade D-Mo, Jones, and the NO pick for him without hesitation. He'd solidify the Rockets as a legit title contender this season. Too bad the Hawks wouldn't make that trade.

Now if D-Mo continues to play at this level for an extended period of time, that obviously changes everything. How will he do once Dwight returns? That's a big question and will absolutely be a deciding factor on what the Rockets look like the day after the trade deadline.

19. Nook

Nook Member

It is bat **** crazy that fans would rather keep D-Mo than deal him for Millsap or Dragic.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd probably drive either one of TJ or DMo to Hobby if we were getting Millsap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.