1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Clowney with Season Ending Injury (microfracture surgery, out 9 months)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tenchi, Dec 4, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

From Rotoworld:

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I will bet anybody that SH!TTY grass gets trashed in the offseason.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jadeveon Clowney’s surgery was done by <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> team doc Walt Lowe. The team expects him to recover fully and hopes he’s ready by camp.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/542497226585407489">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There is some examples of players coming back from the surgery without it affecting their athleticism all that much, Travis Kelce and Reggie Bush are good examples of that, but it's by far the most risky surgery and the size of the injury and the location of the injury are going to pretty much determine if he comes back firing on all cylinders or not.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jadeveon Clowney’s knee never really healed, but he tried to play through it. As is the case his final year in college, explains a lot</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/542496659775578112">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sucks to hear but that's what I was worried about. I think 9 months is pretty aggressive also. He might be playing in 9 months, but he won't be 100% imo. He will probably need a solid 12 months before he is closer to 100%. It took me about 15-18 months to have no pain after microfracture. It's a very frustrating procedure to rehab from because you can't push yourself or you have setbacks.

I am confident that once he recovers he will be great.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

looks like the Texans drafted damaged goods

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The track record of people who under go that surgery is....well, let's just say not good.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

by your (wrong) definition of bust, Bowie and Greg Oden aren't busts. Actually they are two of the biggest busts of all time.

10. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

9 month recovery time wow
    Worse injury than we all thought

11. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

More on microfracture. This article is about Kelce coming back from his.

I think there is reason for optimism that he will be healthy and 100% by late next year. But it all depends on the location.

If the fractures are located in a bad part of the knee I would consider moving him to 3-4 DE opposite Watt and have him play a role similar to Tyson Jackson.

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/understanding-microfracture-helps-with-timeline/

Hopefully this is a lesson the Texans can learn - no franchise QB at your draft spot? Lots of holes on your team? Trade down.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Considering we also signed Cushing, it's all good.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

wow...microfracture...wow...

This has to be unbelievable news, and the team orthopedic surgeon should be fired tonight. An older gentlemen who used to be a scout for the Oilers back when they were in town, stated to me that some of his contacts that work for the Texans are super pi$$ed about the physician that missed Clowney's hernia during physical's.

Sure Clowney is a young guy, but Microfracture is a major surgery...and Im sure that Dr. Andrews would not have considered if he didnt see significant damage to the articular cartilage. I'm still in shock.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

there's good (colston, bush, kelce, kidd) and bad (oden, mashburn)

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It will be longer than that.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yea, i'd be shocked if he plays next season.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bust. Just great.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I hope he doesn't. He needs about 15 months of great rehab with minimal setbacks imo. That's the only way he will have a shot at a long career. If he rushes back he will be toast.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Stoudemire was 22 when he had microfracture.

20. Remix

Remix Member

Can someone get Aaron Rodgers to spell d.i.s.a.s.t.e.r. Wow this is terrible especially for someone that relies on his athleticism and explosiveness as Clowney does.

Even if he comes back healthy we will never see what he could of been before this injury.

Texans 0/3 on number one overall draft picks