1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would You trade Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

So first of all don't get me wrong, i love the guy, he may not be what he once was in Orlando but he still is a Top 3 Center in the league, so this is not a knee jerk question by any means. I truly believe that the way this team is playing with a healthy Howard and maybe a tweak here and there we really have a shot at a Championship, I DO NOT WANT HIM GONE!

That being said, I propose this debate because there are current doubts about his health but most of all the rumors about his legal issues and personal life which are worrying, so if Morey and Alexander felt it would be better to part ways with Superman, would you agree to trade him? For whom? What is the best deal we could get in your opinion?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lebron, Durant or Davis. Outside of that, no.

#2 larsv8, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  3. thiefery

thiefery Member

I'd take boogie cousins over him.. The way Harden is growing, he could elevate cousins to the elite tier.. And is younger with less physical issues

4. Ranny

Ranny Member

Straight up? No picks involved? Would the other teams accept that in your opinion? I would do it for Durant or Davis. Lebron is Lebron, but he is much older and is on an ugly contract IMO we could trade for him and then lose him in the summer, also they are having "Kobe like" problems in Cleveland with leadership and coaching issues because of him, no thanks.

5. bongman

bongman Member

Right now, no. We have yet to see the whole product for an extended amount of time due to injuries so it is hard to make that assessment.

6. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Yes i would trade him for a younger star if the right deal is on the table.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

For A. Davis, yes, in a heartbeat.

For Lebron or Durant? I don't know, because that means we will be looking for another year to retool again.

If Harden + Howard for Lebron + A Davis, yes in a heartbeat, but the other teams GM will just LOL at Morey and hang up.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Cousins? No.

Physically, I think he can be a beast,

but mentally, he is so weak, like a whiney little girl.

9. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

No. bad PR move overall and stupid

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

sigh..........

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Generally superstars are never traded until the very end of their contracts. And only if they approve of it. If Morey traded Howard now he would have a very very difficult time luring another star to Houston.

And shouldn't this idea have been floated in the Random trade thread?

13. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

For those 3 or no deal. Besides, trading dwight would scare off any significant free agent from ever signing here.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

The only players worth trading Dwight for are not attainable anyways so there is no point of even entertaining the idea much. Yes, there are a handful or two of guys I would trade him for though. None are realistic options.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I understand you're trying to spark a debate, but there's nothing to debate here. Outside of the completely unobtainable LeBron, Durant, or Davis, there isn't anybody in the NBA that can touch Dwight's impact on the court.

16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

If I'm DM the GM -- Absolutely not. We have been in pursuit of him forever, and he is Top 2 at his position at 29 years old. The grass is not greener on the other side in terms of Centers in the league.

Also, considering we did a full court press to recruit him and have essentially rolled the red carpet out for him, it would not be a good look for the Rockets to get rid of him after 1-2 years.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

They wanted to play together, right? :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#17 J.R., Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Sure, I would trade him. But we would have to get back a player of equal talent.

I don't see a lot of teams lining up to trade us their star players for Dwight.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kobe Bryant raped a chick. No I'm not willing to trade Dwight because of a spanking.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Really??? I would accept that trade for either of them in a heartbeat.