1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I was very confused when Batman Jones came on here. Obviously initially I thought what he was saying was credible as he has been a member on here for so long, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what he was actually trying to say.

I asked a couple of times what info Batman actually gave and no one could give me an answer. Anyway this thread has been weird, and reeking of desperation after the swing and a miss last summer with Bosh.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Batman literally came to let us know that he had information that we didn't know and didn't get to know.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when Batman came on here and everything was so dramatic, I was interested in what info he had to give, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what info he actually posted.

Can anyone tell me what Batman said was in the works?

This thread has been weird to say the least, and reeks of desperation after the strikeout last summer with Bosh.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oops, sorry about the double post.

5. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I gotta agree with this guy. At the end of the day it's an internet board for a sports team...

That being said I think it makes sense to wait until DEC. 15th before any moves are made. It seems like Morey always comes out of nowhere with a move that involves a player that none of us even considered.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's what it felt like at the time. Which is why I understand why posters desperate for insider info would react negatively to that lol.

7. Nook

Nook Member

DNR

Next time please use caps.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you had just struck up a friendship with the GM of your favorite team and had some info to share, but didnt want to break the trust of your new friend and endanger the relationship, wouldnt you be very vague?

I understand people doubting him, but I knew he was friends with Morey and I vouched for him hoping that my word would be enough for people to give him some slack like we used to do with Doc or Pops.

Insiders who are very straightforward with their tips soon lose their insider access. Its a very simple rule that fans need to understand.

and also, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be exact on dates most of the time, it just doesnt work that way. Anyone who gives you an exact date is either directly involved or is being lied to by their source....or is just lying

1 person likes this.
  9. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

What we need is to close this thread and start a new one. We all need a fresh start. We all could use a reset and bring back Rockets discussions and have fun with what ifs before something happens.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

So im guessing the same applies to plowman and co.?

plz enlighten me in the difference between moose and what Plowman and co. as far as post in this thread are concerned.

must be that he left out a link to random youtube video

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I agree there are more 'important' things, but your argument is a fallacy of relative privation. Whether or not this 'debate' about this thread is valid, one is allowed to be address concerns about clutchfans, on clutchfans regardless of the state of injustice, abuse, or poverty.

I can negate just about everything you spend time and energy on by pointing to something more 'important' and thats what it is a fallacy. Not trying to be obtuse or rude or anything.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I would imagine the difference is that Plowman actually has people here that know him and vouch for him. The fact that this thread has been allowed to survive should be an indication that there is actual substance here. Problem is, sifting through all of the excretion is near impossible. I understood some of the backlash that Batman received, but it is sad to think that we lost the contribution of someone that could have given a unique insight into the mind of our GM. Hopefully he decides to share with us at some point.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately so many fans were so desperate and by that point had been given so many false deadlines it was pretty much a recipe for disaster lol. Hopefully he starts posting again.

And agree about the dates, the NBA business is too fluid.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he confirmed that we had been in serious pursuit of at least one of the 4 point guards being discussed here (goran/bled/rondo/rubio), but he couldn't share exactly which of those

15. basketballholic

Bingo Bingo Bingo

the truth is there have been VERY FEW dates thrown out.....and those that were thrown out were thrown out by an overzealous poster who just may have had real information and was overexcited about it.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

People who vouch for what? That he has been here a long time and know him personally? Thats cool and all but i don't think he's ever had a track record of actually having some insider info or called a trade before. Maybe they are vouching that he wouldnt just be pulling peoples legs here but again that doesnt prove he actually has legit info.

17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

It still amazes me that people come on here complaining about this AWESOME/ EPIC thread and by doing so keep the thing going. What's wrong with having a little fun? As one poster put it, this thread captures a lot of crap that would've ended up in the main.

Nothing worse than a control freak mod flexing their internet muscles.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I can think of one thing worse.

A member who isnt even smart enough to see that I am defending it staying open.

or are you one of those like studogg that is butthurt cause you like crapping on threads and dont like me coming in to actually try to moderate this crap?

either way....free internet advice for you. You cant win taking on mods on internet forums. Wanna continue this? Go for it, I guarantee I will win.

If thats flexin the ole internet muscles than so be it.:rolleyes:

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Y'all messing with the bull a bit too much today. The horns are about to come down.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its getting a little testy in here today. Need something to lighten the mood.

Someone light up the PLOWsignal

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.