1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The fact that there is still swelling is definitely a concern...Hoping its more a minor infectious reason as opposed to a structural/surgical repair defect. Wondering who did his surgery??? And why did the Texans gamble with anyone else..especially considering that Andrews has worked on the knees of so many high profile athletes with success...

Also the Texans need to really ramp up conditioning for Clowney. A rash of injuries often times directly corresponds to poor conditioning.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense, he obviously wasn't healthy and it looks like they might have botched the first surgery. It's a good thing that they went to a better doctor and hopefully they get him fixed up and ready to go next season.

3. magman

magman Member

Well that's that, get it fixed, come back next year and show out. Definitely needs to, can he? I think so. Will he? That's been debated to death.

He'll definitely have a chip on his shoulder to start next year, whether he uses it or not will be another thing.

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

every single comment on facebook regarding this story is bust or making fun of him for being a bust
    theres no way he wont see what is being said

5. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

^^ hear what is being said/read what is being written

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

why didnt they go to james andrews to begin with?

old man mcnair prolly wanted to save a buck.

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

^^ well hes a grown ass man so he can use all that for motivation. unless hes a mental midget well then it would hurt him

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There isn't anything to indicate that James Andrews is performing this surgery either...

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Usually, if the doctor you're going to is suggesting the surgery, you're going to want him to do the surgery.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Most athletes first refer to their team orthopedic doctors first. If they need a second opinion they go to James Andrews...It is ultimately up to Clowney who he wants to see. Andrews is just popular because is an arthroscopic pioneer and the clients he has worked in the past. This has nothing to do with McNair.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Andrews is popular because he's tops blooby.

There's a reason why his clientele is exclusively the elite.

If Clowney chose this awful surgeon who botched his simple meniscus repair, that's on him. Texans should have intervened and sent him to Birmingham, Alabama... Where the Jesus of sports injuries resides.

Typical Texans... For every JJ Watt, there are 100 unforgivable blunders.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont know what your post is about...I totally agree with you that this is where Clowney shouldve taken care of the issues. Please use learned computer skills and reading abilities to read what I've said previously. I hold Dr. Andrews very highly as a surgeon and pioneer in the field of sports medicine.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

You're really going out on a limb!

Why don't you tell me more of why James Andrews is popular? lol.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You obviously dont have much to do other than troll other posters...irritate them and just overall contribute to being a nuisance. Dont you have school tomorrow or something? It would be easier for me to add you to an ignore list, but that would give you too much credit. Instead, I'll speak for the rest of the forum: post if you have something of value or substance...if not stfu...

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

go get laid, brah.

i bet it's been a while.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Can't be bothered to find the quotes but I'm sure I had some bad things to say about Clowney's desire in this thread. Now that his knee is obviously jacked many of us have been show to be way off base.

Dude was in serious pain, needed a huge surgery, but still tried to play through it.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I'm thoroughly impressed Clowney killed the combine on a knee with torn cartilage. He was running and jumping towards $, but damn... Basically did it on 1 knee.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It's such a shame because if he had two healthy knees, he would have been an unbelievable talent so so so much worth the top pick

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess we can lock this thread . . ..

Rocket River

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is as "done" as a forgotten steak on a hot grill. Nothing more to see here. Next news is when he retires from "football" as a very rich man. "Hey kids, professional football is so stupid they paid Paw Paw a boatload of money for doing next to nothing."