1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 15

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 4, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Conference Championship Weekend

Thursday, December 4<sup>th</sup>
    UCF at ECU 6:30pm ESPN

Friday, December 5<sup>th</sup>
    Northern Illinois at Bowling Green 6:00pm ESPN2 *MARATHON MAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP | DETROIT, MI
    (7)Arizona at (2)Oregon 8:00pm FOX *PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME | SANTA CLARA, CA

Saturday, December 6<sup>th</sup>
    Iowa State at (3)TCU 11:00am ABC
    Louisiana Tech at Marshall 11:00am ESPN2 *CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
    Houston at Cincinnati 11:00am ESPN
    Oklahoma State at (20)Oklahoma 2:30pm FOX Sports 1
    (1)Alabama at (16)Missouri 3:00pm CBS *SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME | ATLANTA, GA
    (9)Kansas State at (6)Baylor 6:45pm ESPN
    (4)Florida State at (11)Georgia Tech 7:00pm ABC *DR PEPPER ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME | CHARLOTTE, NC
    (13)Wisconsin at (5)Ohio State 7:17pm FOX BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME | INDIANAPOLIS, IN
    Fresno State at (22)Boise State 9:00pm CBS *MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great weekend of football. I'll be streaming what I can on my phone....work. meh.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I hope KState beats Baylor and moves up to 4th in the playoffs just to see the faces.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I hope Baylor wins and is left out because of their non-conference schedule. It doesn't seem like that will convince the Baylor fans of anything except that the committee is dumb.

5. Uprising

I too am pulling for K-State.....to get rid of the "controversy"

But honestly, what I'd love to see is both Baylor and TCU in the playoffs.

#5 Uprising, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think it's gonna happen. GaTech and Wisconsin with the wins.

7. Uprising

Would be amazing. Big12 with 2 schools in the playoffs, neither of which are the "big time" programs of UT and OU.....how times have changed.

8. Beavis Stiffler

I believe that Mizzou can upset Bama, Zona beats the Ducks again, GT defeats FSU, and the Badgers eliminating the Buckeyes from playoff contention.

This means that TCU and Baylor will be #1 and #2 respectively heading into the College Football Playoff semifinals.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll believe FSU losing when I see it. Say what you want about how good they look...they just win games.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And at least they attempted to schedule a really tough non-conference schedule.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Probably gonna tease it down to FSU -3 and hammer it this weekend. GT is unique and all, but they lost their best receiver and the defense is poop. Winston will probably tear them up.

12. Major

Major Member

I still don't get the SoS issue. It's not as strong as it could be, but the Big12 plays 9 conferences games. Most other conferences play 8 + a Big5 school. In both cases, the teams play 9 major conference opponents. Baylor played 3 crap schools. So did Ohio State (Cinci, Navy, Kent State). They played VaTech while Baylor played an additional conference game. And Baylor plays in a stronger conference. Is it really that different? SEC and ACC teams also generally play 3 crap schools even when they schedule a Power5 school. The Pac12 is the one conference that can make a strong case with 9 conference games plus a generally good non-conference opponent. Big12 teams could too, except that we have a way of determining "one true champion" that should play a role here.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What you described is how it is. Baylor beats Kansas State and they'll be above Ohio State. They just haven't gotten there at the time of the last rankings.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. I hate FSU (still butthurt over the National Championship from last year), but they deserve to be #1 in my mind. They scheduled well and haven't lost a game in about 2 years. I think they're being very disrespected right now.

15. Major

Major Member

Ignoring the QB injury issue, if the committee thinks Ohio State is better now, why would Baylor jump them if they both win similarly? They are both playing a top-12 team for a conference title (Ohio State wins one outright; Baylor wins a "co-championship"). Baylor does it at home; Ohio State does it at a neutral site.

16. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

They'll be going down on January 1st.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

UCF wins on hail mary!!

WOW!

[​IMG]

#17 J.R., Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I had UCF +7 so I turned off the game and recorded the rest of it when it was UCF beating ECU 26-9 in the 4th quarter booking the win and going on my merry way. I just finished watching the rest of it.

Wow.

ECU scores 3 touchdowns in the 4th and UCF gets the ball back with 2 minutes and promptly goes 4 and out around their own 20, holding 1 timeout left. So there like 1:40 left and ECU has the ball on the UCF 20, holding an epic comeback lead of 30 to 26. They go 1st down kneel. 2nd down kneel. UCF calls their final timeout. 3rd down, run sideways and kneel before reaching out of bounds. ECU calls timeout after running down the clock. It's 4th down and about 15 from the 25, with about 16 seconds left in the game. ECU trots out their offense again. The QB backs up a bit and looks like he might try to heave into the endzone to burn time, but he gets sacked. So now there 10 seconds left and UCF as the ball on their own 35 yard line. 1st play, 12 yard pass, receiver goes out of bounds. So it's now 5 seconds left and it's near midfield and the rest is on the GIF above. Pretty epic 4th quarter.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If Ohio State wins, Baylor is going to need 2 other teams in the top 4 losing. They're not going to jump Ohio State if they beat Wisconsin...regardless of how well they handle Kansas State.

I'm already putting on my Houston sports fan defensive, "it's not going to happen" jacket to protect me from getting my hopes up. I've been conditioned for this. Rooting for the Astros, Rockets, and Oilers/Texans has prepared me well for proactively dealing with disappointment.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If the committee lets an Ohio State team with no QB in then I'd be upset. What's the point of letting humans make the decision if they don't factor in how big of a deal it is to lose your 2 best QB's.