1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

He's a teenager playing his first (or second?) game in the NBA
    I expect nothing more.

Again, TEENager.

2. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Actually, he missed 3 tips, which count as shots, got two misses in traffic, one rushed due to the shot clock, and a blown wide open layup that he should've dunked but was just too hyper.

But, he had 4 blocks, they said two were fouls, prolly giving Memphis something cuz they were utterly blown out.

He's a big, will take 2 years to shape in, but he's athletic as hell, and will be a deke light. Let's hope he stays a Rock.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no. he's 20yrs old

4. Asian Sensation

Batkins FTW!

5. baubo

baubo Member

Capella has a -27.2 PER. I didn't realize such a number exist. :eek:

Seriously though, using garbage time production for a rookie is pointless regardless of whether he's 18 or 20 or whatever. Last year there was a Rocket who went 2-7 in his first ~30minutes and +/- of -21. Who was that guy? 4 year college player Isaiah Canaan. His raw ability looks good and that's all you hope a raw, rookie big can look.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so what? 20-22 years for a big man equals 18 or 19 years for a perimeter player in terms of development

7. Zbed

Zbed Member

Clint looked nervous which is understandable.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He needs to go back to RGV as soon as Dwight gets back so he can get consistent PT and continue to develop.

DD

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it was obvious physically he has what it takes

he just wasn't executing because he was extremely nervous

13. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

The commentators said he was 18 and 19 during the game.....people get stuff wrong.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Last night was a particularly bad display. Him and Troy Daniels were playing like this was a pick up game at the rec center. They weren't organized, and he wasn't being put in situations where he is best utiliized.

No way in hell should he be putting the ball on the floor. Not only was he making the stupid decision to do so, but his teammates kept putting him in that position. Know your personnel, and know your own limitations. My coach in high school used to use that one frequently.

He's probably needs 2 seasons to be a truly productive rotation player. But I think he has a lot of potential after seeing some of his d-league games. He can simply reach very high, very easily. It sounds like a stupid thing to say, but it is extremely important. Although you still need them skills, he may or may not develop those.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why do people keep saying Capela is a teenager? He has been 20 years old for the last 6 months.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) someone posted he's 18, and i corrected that saying he's 20
    2) then a few posts down you say he's "19, close to 20" -- and i posted again he's been 20 since before the draft
    3) someone else again posts that he's a teenager, and you followup saying it's basically true now because he's tall

fine, tariq black's a teenager too and i'm mussolini :grin:

17. Play07

Play07 Member

in 2 years, his ceiling is ed davis "that's on a vet min contract now". Not a good pick for a contender since he came over now and started his contract years.

18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

for those of you not understanding the nerves associated with this kids initial looks in the nba, chill the f out.

I got exactly what I expected from him and I was pretty stoked. He's not as far away from contributing as he looked. Give him consecutive games and you'd see his impact improve dramatically.

Is he ready now? No. Anyone who thought he was going to come in and earn a spot this early should have their posting priveledges removed.

1 person likes this.
  19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

to the idiot who gave me rep and complained about my take on capella - go back and read the anticipation of people with him being called up.

there were very few of us that stayed practical and understood he was a project and would struggle initially. Personally, I would like him to get most of the year down in the dleague, but with extra practices given our schedule - this is where he needs to be now. The bigs in the dleague are garbage. Up here he gets to practice against real nba players.

so piss off and either debate like a man or shut you mouth when you speak to me.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Put this roast back in the oven. As of today it's likely it gives you food poisoning.