1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

It must be disappointing that the system wasn't racist or wrong about lin... like legions of asian fans tried to believe. carmelo knew it. All the players knew it. i would think the harvard grads distance themselves from a guy who likes to play the victim and gets paid based on his skin color and not the merit of his work. he seems to have nothing in common with harvard grads, really. i don't think it's delusional to call him a fringe nba player (forget about starter), because look at undrafted journeyman mike james.

mike james got in the nba, worked hard, had a year where he put up GREAT numbers. Far better than Lin, was cold blooded and hit killer shots down the stretch. Averaged 20ppg, 6 apg on 47% shooting for an entire year (not 2 weeks).

then suddenly he's out of that perfect situation, struggling to adapt and turns into an inconsistent bench player. Although he's an offensive spark, he's an inconsistent one and not bringing much to the table in other area's of the game. all of a sudden he's in turkey and playing in the d-league. this was a guy who performed at a higher rate than lin.

need to set aside your emotional bias and look at the realities. lin doesn't become anymore effective as a bench player. coaches prefer a guy like ridnour or steve blake who is consistent without the "POTENTIAL" to go off for 16 points.

2. hollywoodMarine

Lin played very poorly yesterday. At least he didn't become timid and go 0/2 like in the GSW game.

3. hollywoodMarine

Maybe I can't speak for Harvard, but I went to University of Chicago for undergrad. Many of my good friends there who are Asian are Lin fans. Not all of them are the most knowledgeable when it comes to basketball, but you don't exactly get into that school by being a "basement dweller".

I'll admit though, any Lin fanatic that compulsively frequents this thread may be more fitting of that description. Posting obsessively in this thread is clearly suggestive of "basement dweller behavior." But then, they aren't the only ones doing that. They may not even be the top culprits.

4. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Well said brother...There are a lot of trolls for sure.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah I doubt most of lin crazies are basement dwellers, in fact they are probably very educated Asian Americans with good jobs. But they do probably tries really hard to live vicariously through Lin because of their own failures in sports in high school.

But most of them started watching basketball seriously when Linsanity happened, and have this really stubborn delusional view of Lin that makes them take this victim complex to everything that happens.

They are also very loud and obnoxious on the internet

6. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

you use vowels and have declared an educational institution that's not the university of phoenix.

my message was meant for the spelling impaired here.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

why can't they live vicariously through Glen from Walking Dead?

Who would you send to the pharmacy in a town full of walkers? Glen or Lin?

I rest my case

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Is this guy serious?

Its called jealousy, whether it was money, fame, or both. JR Smith's comments is an example of that. It's the same reason female tennis players were envrious of Anna Kournikova's popularity when they saw her as an "inferior player".

Doubt it.

Fringe basketball player is wishful thinking on the part of LOHs like you. You want him out of the league so bad but unfortunately he has a proven track record of being a legit NBA player.

Its funny how the 'worst player in the NBA' is simultaneously the second option on the Lakers only putting up a measly 12 ppg. LOHs, do you even logic? By the way, Lin is shooting an efficient 47.5% FG, 36.5% 3PT, 85.7% FT.

Mike James is almost 40 freaking years old! lol

And what point are you trying to make? "My struggle is strugglier than yours, so you didn't really struggle"? Mike James worked hard. Lin worked hard. They all worked hard to get where they are. Why are you nitpicking over the small stuff like a girl?

Unfortunately, you're more biased than you realize.

9. downbytheriver

^^^

#smallmanhoodproblems

oh brother. lin is now the kournikova of the league who all the talented players are jealous of.... and i'm a hater who "wants" him out of the league. as if my wants matter to nba gm's. i'm pointing out trends and showing you guys reality. i won't dignify the rest of your post with a response-- i'm obviously in on the linspiracy.

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lin is pretty much what he was on the Rockets, an inconsistent 13 and 6 player...pretty much a mediocre NBA player. The dude went from undrafted to becoming a slightly below average player in the NBA, I would say that's quite impressive, it's not the end of the world that Lin isn't an all star point guard.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I'd say average to above-average but yes it's nothing to cry about

12. King1

King1 Member

Rustlemania

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Lin does need to play well this year. Will the Lakers resign him? is he even part of their future plans?

Lin said himself that "Jeremy Lin: I've Always Been A California Guy"
    http://www.myfoxla.com/story/26098749/jeremy-lin

That's his home, not Texas, not New York, not Taiwan. CALIFORNIA

This is important for him if he wants to say in his home state.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Asiyu-wnYOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. VanityHalfBlack

/thread

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

California's taxes make it rough for anyone to live. I do like their access to specialty farmer's markets and local grocery deals however.

16. hollywoodMarine

Obviously rocketjunkie is offering a jaundiced account at Harvard. Given the passion in King1's posts, I'm sure he must know from personal experience the demographics of Lin supporters in elite universities. King1, why don't you share with us your alma mater, and your personal insight regarding this question?

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I have mates at Harvard and most of them like Lin, seeing as you know, he went to Harvard and is playing in the nba

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Doubt he ever went to college.

King1 lives vicariously through the likes of JR Smith, straight from HS to the pros. Sadly, he didn't have the athletic ability in HS to be a professional athlete himself.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

never seem a mid range player have a big following like he does

20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Tinman and King1 called out. :grin: