1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who's the better player?

1. Terrence

155 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. DMo

53 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. basketballholic

How do you know this to be the case since DMo has never played alongside Dwight for any substantial minutes like Terrence has?

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Such a stupid question. DMo has a wider variety of skills. Terrence is highly skilled at a few things. Who are we playing against? What's the situation? Typical bbholic stuff. Pick someone and you're wrong.

3. nobie

nobie Member

DMo is better against taller slower opponents. While Jones is better vs smaller. DMo can also play C, while TJones can play like almost SF if needed.

4. nobie

nobie Member

A lot of DMo fouls are basically phantom calls, hes yet to prove himself to referees. If he will continue to produce and play well his fouling rate should go down.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's started six games with Dwight already, the drop off has been noticeable.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Damn... Can't believe i'm saying this....

But I agree with you...

Must be the liquor...

T_Man

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i see your point though, that asik is a young 28 right now with not that much mileage to date. millsap's age, however, doesn't scare me as much as other guys about to hit 30. he seems to be a worker in the gym and takes care of his body

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Neither is good enough to be a starting PF in the NBA.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Tough to call. Would love to see DMO contribute the way he is right now in the long run. Will answer in March.

11. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

DMO.

I'll go with the fact that he can play two positions well. He is good defensively, has shown he can contribute giving touches on the offense, can help his teamates with his passing and also he can play good without Howard and help the team win. Just switch the minutes between TJones and Dmo for once and I bet Dmo will contribute more. Jones has none work ethic or basketbal iq but is being handed the spot. Unfair.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I say TJones until DMo can consistently prove otherwise over at least a 30 game stretch. TJones to me plays better with Dwight and DMo is a good backup 4/5 for both of them if he can continue his trajectory of improvement and consistency.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Let us see what happens when Jones is cleared to practice. From the descriptions I have read it sounds debilitating. The Rockets spend many millions on the coaching staff. They will figure it out.

14. FANfrom86toNow

From what I have read, more than debilitating which to me suggests long term problems that continue to get worse, TJones condition seems to be reported as unpredictable in the time to heal, but a full recover. I could be wrong, but if a full recovery doesn't happen, then obviously DMo would be better.

15. basketballholic

Personally, I've seen enough. I know what Terrence is. Haven't seen enough of DMo to know exactly what he is. But I know what Terrence is. Only question is what will DMo continue to do with this opportunity.

16. FANfrom86toNow

To say you know what TJones is after only 1 full season of him as a starter at his age is just utterly ridiculous imho. Just like anyone saying that know exactly what DMo can become completely.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I certainly hope Jones makes a full recovery. ASAP.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO LMFBO

19. basketballholic

It's ridiculous to people that don't know talent, career projection, player improvement, etc.

20. FANfrom86toNow

It's ridiculous that you think you are better than everyone else in this assessment, even over people that you don't know, who's talent level you have know idea of.