1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe tells Lin to "GET THE F*** OUT MY WAY!"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Asians>Asian

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

How long before Lin takes his clipboard?

3. bmd

bmd Member

To be fair, we don't know who he is talking to and we don't know the context or the tone.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lin's probably saying "OK, last play. I pass it to you, Kobe, then I will--"

"Get the **** out the **** out the way."

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I like how people assume that MJ wasnt just like this...Kobe and MJ are grade A level a-holes...winners...but a-holes...This doesnt surprise me one bit. And this is why Dwight left...didnt want to clash with Kobe's ego..

6. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I wonder why former teammates of Kobe never say anything bout him. That's def not cool

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This Chamillionaire MJ story is classic.

http://youtu.be/y4ZQERHL6ow

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

After viewing the clip, I think you people are making too much out of this. Kobe wasn't angrily yelling at Lin or anyone else. He was just calling for a clear out-- as in "Give me the ball, and get the **** out of the way and I'll operate." He was talking in a cocky/confident way, not angry. You can see Wes Johnson was all "You go, boy!" when he gave Kobe a dap.

Kobe missed the shot but it wasn't a necessarily a bad call in that situation. Tied with the shot clock off you want to make sure you get a shot off and leave a little time for a tip in and as little time as possible for the opponent should they get the rebound. Many teams go for an iso play in such a situation because running anything more complicated risks a turnover and it is difficult to manage the clock that way.

It's a bunch of the other Lakers crunch time/overtime possessions that seemed wrong-- iso Kobe a bunch of times and iso Young or Lin in others. They were not trying to manage the clock in those possessions and should have gotten some player and ball movements going.

2 people like this.
  9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't get the sense that's he's directing that towards Lin. They called a TO to draw a play, and all he said was get the eff out of my way. Someone low-fived him when he said that. They're just drawing up the usual Kobe iso.

OP and majority of others reading into this too much.

10. Raven

Raven Member

He says all the right things, but I'm not buying it. Passive aggressive manipulating ball hog. And the Lakers have zero chance of attracting superstar free agents until he is off their roster.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Well Hakeem and Robinson have like 3-4 titles between them and Jordan and Kobe have 11... So whatever.

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

This.

13. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I don't want to fact check, but maybe Tmac's Orlando scoring championships might have led to a high pick.

14. theangrycanary

woooooooow.

So they call a timeout to plan the game winning shot.

Kobe tells everyone to just get the @#$$ out of his way.

Scott doesn't say crap.

A dude gives Kobe five like that was a cool thing to say.

Then Kobe goes in, dribbles all the time off the clock and takes a horrible contested three point shot when they only needed a single point to win.

HAHAHAHAHA. Wow.

You can't blame Kobe. He is what he is. Like a force of nature. You need a coach with the balls n intelligence to control him. Like Phil or Pop.

15. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Countdown till Bible quotes from Lin.

16. Ismail

Ismail Member

I don't see how this is a big deal, and I am certain this is common on most basketball teams with star players. Kobe can be blamed for chucking in other situations, but with one possession left, you ISO and let him go to work. He has a record of making difficult shots and you bank on that. Kobe gets some unwarranted hate in these situations. For example, we give Larry Bird so much credit for being supremely confident, and really he said the exact same thing as Kobe, here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F6sLMupoQLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He made the shot, though. But we wouldn't have heard of the story if he missed. I am sure it happens a lot.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin is probably better in ISOs at this point tbh

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Maybe the opposite? Could be a positive in terms of getting big name FAs, since they would all be thinking the same thing.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

If I were Lin, I would stand my ground, look Kobe straight in the eyes and say "ok.." then back away.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

The last few years? As long as I can remember he has been the biggest douche in sports.