1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

Watched him tonight. He has looked absolutely terrible this year and in this game. Slow getting back. Can't finish. Missing shots all over the place. And as I write this he hits a a huge 3 from up top. Good night Irene.

2. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

They list him as a SF, but he could start as a stretch 4, right? I think he's 6'10. I just think he needs more time back from his injury.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

What the hell is Mo Taylor doing nowadays anyways?...

4. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Why would he ban/suspend people for telling the truth? Shouldn't he ban the supposed "insiders" for lying?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Unshakeable arrogance informs your every syllable. It's akin to listening to Joffrey shriek "I am the king!!"

As far as Rondo, we're woefully short of playmakers and slashers-to-the-basket. Morey was after Carmelo, who would have had to adjust to playing with Harden. Rondo is obviously not the same player but he and Harden would also have to mesh.

You yourself said Morey and Mchale reinforced the defense. Rondo would be excellent in that regard. Sure, he doesn't shoot threes, but he'll get the ball to everyone who does.

If we can bolster the 4 instead, great. God knows we need it. But don't discount Rondo from the list of Rocket possibilities. Whomever we get in trade will be because the GM of the other team will be the one who blinked, for whatever reason.

1 person likes this.
  6. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Morey needs to stop with all that moreyball stuff. Mid-Range might not be high percentage, but you're definitely gonna need it playoff time.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

If we don't care about 2015 free agency anymore, I wonder if Brandon Jennings comes up in trade discussions.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lawson looked excellent tonight, just saying

9. arjun

arjun Member

Dear god....

10. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Would love him on the Rockets. He'd make us a legit contender.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Morey was trying hard to get a pound the rock/"anti-Morey" small forward in Melo.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Arjun....go check his numbers this year. He's playing well, and his contract is actually pretty good if you don't care about 2015 free agency. He'd give us a much needed spark on the 2nd unit, and could give Harden some extra rest.

Assuming he doesn't cost much, he'd be a good candidate for the Lin TPE.

Beverley / Jennings
    Harden / Terry

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Might as well get Josh Smith while you're at it.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

See the response above. I stand corrected as to the reason for the suspension.

And I'm pretty sure "insiders" who were blatantly trolling did get banned (though I could be wrong about that too). I don't think roe4christ and that shaun person got to stick around.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He is an interesting trade candidate if he is available. He is shooting much better this year (who knows if it is just a fluke) and he would be a hell of a lot better than Cannan off the bench. I haven't watched any Detroit games this year, but he the leader in win share for them as well.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Although they'll live long in clutchfans lore forever

17. delishman

delishman Member

Get em', PLOWDOG.

Rondo, Goran, Rubio, (Bledsoe?)

Plow has been pretty forward with PG names.. I wonder what the PF is though.

18. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Yeah, keep stringing the hilariously gullible along Plowdog! You go!

Embarassing.

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, on the 3....

4-5 days ago, PHX came out and said they've been notified by the Dragon that he will have an "open" free agency.

2 -3 days ago -Ainge has said if Rondo does get dealt, it will ONLY be to Houston.

2 days ago - Don Quixote and Sancho are said to be more available than ever due to Cervantes Flipping giving Quixano his sanity back .....Exit visas from La Mancha are said to be...if not imminent...on the horizon.

"Welcome to a new world of gods and monsters"

#14579 Plowman, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  20. jacoby

jacoby Member

I wonder what we would give up for Rondo. Surely another team can offer more than we can. We aren't exactly steeped in talent this year and I don't see a scenario where both Jones and Beverley are packaged together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.