1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

#soon

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The entire offense is constructed around the DDMO. Clearing out the driving lanes for Harden. That is the absolutely most effective way to utilize Harden. And if you take the ball out of his hands it completely negates that offense.

Harden is at his best when driving to the rim. If he does not have the ball in his hands that disappears. That trade for Rondo was never ever going to happen. Everyone on the Rockets roster is tasked with integrating into Harden's offensive skill sets. Morey is not going to trade for a player that diminishes Harden offensively in any way.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a matter of fact, talks with Boston haven't stopped ...He is the one I spoke of earlier when I quoted...LURCH, verbatim "Ainge may not deal Rondo at all, but if he does it will be to the Rockets" per impeccable source...

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am afraid after so many failed predictions you have little standing. Try being right for once.

1 person likes this.
  5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I'll take Rondo and Bass please.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Not going to happen. That move is so anti-Morey.

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Not saying he will, but if he does, that's who I'm hoping for.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Bass might be of some benefit. Rondo would actually diminish the Rockets. Bev is an equal defender to Rondo and Harden is so much better with the ball.

9. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

For sure. Bass has a nice midrange game that would help spread the floor. I still think PF is our biggest need.

10. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I remember reading an interesting article during the MLB playoffs hypothesizing that the reason Pablo Sandoval is such a good postseason hitter is because he swings at everything and is a great "bad ball" hitter. In other words, during the playoffs the teams have tons of time to learn the other teams/batter tendencies and they only pitch to the inefficient tendencies. But a batter like Sandoval can hit from anywhere so there aren't areas that those pitchers can target to keep out of his zone.

To extend the connection to the Rockets...everyone knows that layups and 3s are the most efficient shots and the long 2 the least efficient. But during the playoffs when teams can really study the Rockets they are going to come up with defensive game plans that effectively take away those areas or at least contest them thereby reducing that efficiency. So a somewhat inefficient player that excels in the mid range area could actually significantly benefit offensive spacing during the playoffs when teams really focus on clogging the paint and/or crowding the 3 point line.

While Rondo/Bass may only have a relatively small benefit for the Rockets during the regular season when teams are not as well organized defensively, I think they would have a massive upgrade for the offense in the playoffs by taking and making ~50% of the midrange shots that always seem to be open in May.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He does have a nice midrange game, but that is anti-morey ball..;)

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Haha I know!

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You speak only for yourself and several malcontents...plus you've outlined me as someone who has been dishonest/without character...outright malicious/evil.

Most folks here know that's just not true. I have 20 years behind me ..There is a track record/long history..I've never "made stuff up" and certainly wouldn't start all of a sudden now..That's just plain ludicrous.

Everything that I've passed on has been the genuine article ....So, I shouldn't have relayed the timetables..Like mikol13, said..sue me.

It has always been my intention to enlighten/with altruistic motives....and perhaps I've shared too much,trying to give updates on fluid situations...or should have used different phraseology.

In truth, it is YOU....and the those of your ilk that have cheapened/hurt the board with your jaded cynicism,naked vitriol, and lack of common courtesy/decency.

#14553 Plowman, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You, sir, are mistaken. The reason the Rockets failed last post season was not because of lack of offense, but lack of defense. And McHale/Morey have addressed that problem. The post season does not differ from the regular season except in terms of preparation and effort. Neither of which affects the Rockets offensive scheme.

15. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Does anyone else think maybe the injury to Terrance Jones stalled any trade talks? Especially with such an uncertain timetable for his return.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have no cynicism and no vitriol. I just have stats and past performance to guide me. And your past performance seems to be miserable. There is no insight into front offices, except what they want to project. There are no leaks. Players are not informed of an impending trade until after the fact. Agents either. Every unintentional leak will be hunted down and eliminated. It is just the nature of the game.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Didn't Clutch ban and/or suspend a couple of people before for spamming a similar thread with repeated, incessant posts about how the purported insiders were full of it, how they didn't believe them, how others were idiots for entertaining it, etc.?

18. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Agree about last season. Disagree that the current offense is good enough for the postseason and very much disagree that additional preparation time will have no effect on our offense.

19. baubo

baubo Member

This would be fine except Rondo is not a great mid-range shooter. He’s a capable mid-range shooter if left wide open at the elbows, but overall he’s not a great shooter. And teams will let Bass shoot his mid-range shot any time he wants. That’s a shot that will never win you playoff games. Players like Dragic, Millsap, Horford, Lawson fits your description a bit in terms of players with a more varied offensive game that can help us in the playoffs. Rondo and Bass? Not so much.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I received a four day ban for "language". And I was by far and away the most prolific poster on said thread. Oh, did I mention I was right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.