1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Not saying i want that deal but according to cyberex, the wolves like Kpap.

2. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

really? :confused:

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Oops - posted this in the Cyberx one by accident - but...

If we're talking about experience without having to give up assets, what about either Ray Allen or Shane Battier?
    I know Battier retired, but in a recent interview he said something like whilst he's not intending to play again, it's not impossible.
    OK so it's not a Dragic or a 3rd superstar, but both have tremendous experience, respect and damn can or could they play

4. craguin

craguin Member

3-team trade with Denver:

Nuggets in: Jason Terry, Clint Capela
    Pacers in: JJ Hickson, Kostas Papanikolaou
    Rockets in: David West, Nate Robinson

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade TPE for AK47

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Is Reggie Evans avail? Could put him at backup C. All he does is rebound, sort of like Asik

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The Knicks have no draft picks and Phil is trying to rebuild/retool. He will likely be looking to gather picks. Dalembert is obviously not their solution and likely to be moved or gone this off season. Shumpert is another player that seems otw out as he is always on the trade rumor mill.

My proposal.
    Rockets out: minny2nd(very early), nyk2nd(early), nyk2nd(2016), rights to gentile
    Rockets in via the TPE: dalembert, shumpert
    Rockets outlook: we would have to cut/trade for roster spots, but this greatly improved our bench. We lose some valuable really 2nds and an overseas project, but the bench depth is well worth it. Also, both players being expiring contracts is even better and exactly what met is looking for.

Knicks out: dalembert, shumpert
    Knicks in: minny2nd, nyk2nd, nyk2nd(2016), rights to gentile
    Knicks outlook: Phil is looking to class the books and gather cap space. He also needs to acquire draft picks because the Knicks have none. While both players are expiring, this trade is instant cap space and brings down this year's cap hit.

Who says no?

8. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Get real dude. Shumpert is their only bright spot this season and you expect them to let him go for trash?

9. BigMaloe

High 2nd rd picks are worth more than late 1st rd picks. Get real.

He has been playing good this year but his d is overrated for sure. He will likely get way overpaid this off-season, and has been on the trade block for years with no biting because no one will trade mid to early 1st rd pick for him.

I can almost guarantee shump is playing somewhere else next year. And Phil wants cap space/picks before any average players in return. Maybe he could get a late 1st from a contender, i just don't know who. Plus two early 2nds is much more valuable.

And remember, the Knicks have NOOO picks. They've traded them all away for like the next ten years. They need picks in a bad way. So this actually works quite well for Phil. He gets his cap space just as if they were expiring, and he gets two early 2nds and they're future 2nd. Along with an overseas prospect.

I doubt they find a better deal. He'll idk if morey would even pay that much.

10. basketballholic

I thought Shump would be gone too. But you can really tell a difference in his game this year. And all reports are he is all on on the triangle offense. He's looked like a different player to me. Wouldn't be surprised if PJax kept him around now.

11. BigMaloe

Don't get me wrong, he has looked good this year, and is shooting great from distance. But I'm not exactly sold on pjax paying 8mill he is likely to get in FA.

This season is a lost cause for nyk, why wouldn't he get something for him before losing him for nothing.

Again, there may be a team willing to give up more than is i just don't see it out there. No one is giving up 1st rd picks for him outside of contenders. And early 2nds(especially more than one) is more valuable than a late first. Especially the way contracts are going to rise due to the new cba. Rookie contracts will be a valuable commodity soon and picks are going to be less likely to move. But that's just my opinion.

12. basketballholic

It's very possible they trade him for the reasons you state.

13. BigMaloe

I understand this. But if they do decide to go this route, considering you know the inner workings more than me, who else would be our competitors and what could they offer compared to ours?

14. basketballholic

We have the single best asset to trade. That is the Pelies pick...which is likely a lottery pick unless something drastic happens injury wise to another WC team.

But....Shumpert ain't worth no lottery pick. And it's iffy whether the Rox would be interested in him right now with him going into restricted free agency. I think we've got bigger fish to fry than Shump. Now if we had our PG and PF...then possibly. But it's going to take the Pels pick and most of our asset stash to fix our PF and PG slots.

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Ak47!
    He can contribute for our team as 3/4 forward

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If the draft were held today , that pick would NOT be a lottery pick as NO is currently the #8 seed in the West & just a couple days ago were as high as the #6 seed.

I could see NO finishing as high as the 4 seed and as low as .... the lottery. Anything can happen in this wide open western conference where Memphis is currently the #1 seed and the 9 & 10 seeds have winning percentage of .583 just a game and a half game behind the #5 seed Rockets.

I don't see the value of that NO pick being all you say it is .... even if they don't make the playoffs , its likely a tail end of the lottery pick.

17. BigMaloe

I know we have that pick, but in absolutely no way is he worth that. Which is my point. No one will give up anything for him being an expiring. And I'm not claiming to keep him beyond this season.

I am simply stating trade for him for this year's run while keeping flexibility and adding needed depth. If he's traded, whoever acquires him is strictly looking at a rental. Let's be real, he is nothing but a borderline starter/rule player. Somewhere below arizas value, but likely gets his contract.

If we are willing to trade or stash of early 2nds it's the best return nyk could expect to receive. We could easily solve our depth issues with dalembert as a back up C and an extra wing. If acquired soon or around December, than they can turn around and be traded ad contact filler.

I honestly don't know who says no. I mean I'm sure the Knicks would want more but if they are to be realistic, it's there best return. And it's better than letting him walk. The only benefit of letting him walk is the cap space. But we give them that and picks.

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I'm gonna need Dmo to be the to go. The man is just to much of a p***y for the nba

19. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Trade exception for Jarrett jack would be great. If assume we would have to give up more

20. fattz

fattz Member

If we are going to get a Net...
    I wish DMo and Capela had showed better to up their trade value

M Teletovic (spacing at the PF)
    M Plumlee (Back up Center)
    M Brown (need to make the numbers work -rookie SG could grow into some bench help - injured at the moment

For

DMo, Capela, Johnson, NOH pick and the rights to Llull

We sell tomorrow for help today.