1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight was working out on the bike during practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hi, I'm Deckard, ace Blade Runner and currently retired. I've only been here over a decade, so obviously I'm new. My post was aimed at a couple of folks who have been here a while. They probably know who they are.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

LMAO

you people are so r****ded

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

god forbid those close to the team actually follow it :p

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm not saying it'd be right but think about from the players perspective. If it's me, sure I might be paid $88 mill but I took a paycut and signed as a free agent in good faith that certain things would happen....I might have a right to call foul on how things haven't played out according to those expectations.....

Again I doubt this is the reality, just playing devils advocate on the issue of players not risking themselves as much for organizations that don't take equal risk.

Thank you for this well thought out contribution. Your brilliance is clear and apparent to me. I'm going to save and bookmark this post. Copy and send it to myself each morning for inspiration.

5. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

just to add to the Canaan speculation he just tweeted this...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No matter what, only control what you can control</p>&mdash; Isaiah Canaan (@SiP03) <a href="https://twitter.com/SiP03/status/535562918415200256">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. chandlerbang21

Got three large EGOS in that locker room, which will turn into a cancer first?

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The writing is on the wall...the kid is getting traded...and he knows it. Its why Mchale hasnt played him. But in some sort of twisted logic, Mchale is trying to be nice.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe, but i think the tweet itself is just referring to him not playing. I don't think he knows anything.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Might as well sit Harden and PBev and call up our D league gems for Saturdays game.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If he is tweeting that because he has been told he is being traded, then a trade will be announced very shortly. They wouldn't tell a player unless something was locked in.

More likely he is tweeting it because he can't control whether or not he can get on the court, all he can control is how he reacts to the disappointment of not playing, and so wants to react well, keep his 'chin up', and get on with it.

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Hello Rondo!!!

12. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

This is what someone sane would conclude.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to be clear -- Dwight has a legitimate knee injury. He was dressed and ready to play last night, planning to play. Training staff put him through some drills and felt it was best he not play. That's the truth. It was so last minute that we didn't find out until the national anthem.

I'm frustrated with last night's loss just like everyone else, but we really shouldn't assume the worst every time something like this happens. He didn't sit out last night's game because of something off the court... that's just not true.

3 people like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks for clarifying this for us. as far as i know, dwight was not on the bench during the game -- anything behind that you know of, or nothing to worry about?

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

how does it benefit to keep someone on the bench when you want to build up his trade value?

i'm not buying it.

i chalk up canaan's benching to mchale's incompetence and sheer stupidity.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Thanks Clutch.

Please keep us updated.

17. onreego

onreego Member

Wow. Seriously?

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It still seems odd to me that he wasn't on the bench...was it really that important to ride the bike during the game? I would think you'd still want your veteran star on the bench pushing the team and giving your bigs some tips here and there.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

To be suspicious is human, to let your suspicion run wild and consume you is insanity.

1 person likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

per the thread title, dwight was riding the bike during practice…..perhaps i missed it, was there any report here that it was during the game as well?