1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Dwight was working out on the bike during practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You mean find out from ESPN that one of our stars need microfracture surgery?

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Since team is 9-3 I think a lot of people are over reacting on the Dwight is upset with Harden and/or management stuff.

3. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

I hope Dwight's injury is not serious and he doesn't get suspended. Morey needs to pull off a trade quick because that depth of this bench is really going to hurt our chances big time.

I'm so confused:confused::confused:, we started off great taking care of business, and now we are having all these problems. Just hope we could get through this and get better as the season goes on.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord that lady has literally no life and obsesses about Dwight non-stop. There is only 3 things that lady every talks about -

-How great Kobe is
    -The Lakers legacy
    -How terrible of a person Dwight is

We've all been following the Rockets for the past 2 years better than anyone.... surely a HELL of alot more than Ramona Shelburne. If there was drama between Dwight and Harden we'd have seen it by now.

Plus, I'm pretty Dwight has some bigger things on his mind right now than being the star of Houston. He already is the star, and face of the franchise even though Harden is the better player. This is complete garbage.

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

lol kobe already back tracked his comments. said it was "heat of the moment". what a p***y

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You do bring up an excellent point. Perhaps the Rockets had something in the works...as a means of upgrading the bench, but it may have cost us Isaiah. Dwight has really embraced the role of big bro with Canaan, and might not have been happy with rumors/etc.

That being said, I think there is another factor to consider...The Rockets are having an identity crisis on offense. Whether to work inside out or outside in...Perhaps Howard's sitting out was to show the team his importance to the team? And why the team should continue to force feed him in the post? Who knows...but where there is smoke, there is fire...and the Rocket may have some stuff happening behind the scene.

At the start of the season, this team was free flowing and moving without much issues, having Howard play off the ball and get points off misses etc. However, I personally have noticed that the Rockets have made much more of an emphasis in getting the ball in the post and trying to work inside out. This could be why the Rockets offense has bogged down and scoring seems forced and out of whack...

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't worry Dwight, Morey's plan is to eventually make you a 3rd fiddle.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Seriously need to get a life on this one. As Kobe just said: HE was just heated up....and he wishes everyone would back off a little ? ( hello 24/7 media circus ?)

9. dragician

dragician Member

There's a lot of time to bike when he's in jail. ;)

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

umm yeah nothing to see here.

11. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

That's how dumb Carl is. He posts without thinking.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Dwight will play on Saturday for sure, he has been getting tips from J Clowney about how to play with pain and the flu. ;)

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm confident its not a season ender at least. Dwight wouldn't have been warming up five minutes prior to the game if he needed surgery or something.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's amazing how some of our "ardent" fans of the Rockets will turn on a guy after a few losses and some crap in the media, crap coming from a chick that's likely out to squeeze some more bread out of the big fella. What a sad display.

2 people like this.
  15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Wow, some of the trash y'all talk is just totally insane...

16. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Hi, I'm David. You must be new here.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

hoping for the best to come out of the situation, but right now, nothing looks good

it's crazy to think that the season could spiral down the drain in less than a week

18. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

You guys realize this probably has everything to do with his pending child abuse allegations, right. His knee isn't hurt. I call BS. The league stepped in and told the organization that he needs to sit out while the investigation goes on. It only makes sense because they just suspended Jeffrey Taylor on Charlotte for domestic abuse. Odds are they will take after the NFL and start suspending players for such actions, because if they don't it "looks bad." I Wouldn't be surprised if they suspend Howard 15-30 games after the investigation comes to light and more public in the social media world or in the media period. It sucks and I might be wrong but something is too fishy about this whole thing. I just don't buy the knee thing. Teams make up phantom injuries all the time to cut the number of players in uniform for a game on a regular basis.

19. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Not to mention the Rockets PR staff shut down all questions about the on going case. Something isn't right, and I fear it's going to be bad.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just look at the Texans forum.
    People in there ignoring all the great years AJ has given us and basically calling for his head.
    Everyone in there calling Foster a pretentious douche.

There is a lot of overlap between Texans fans and Rockets fans unfortunately.