1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2013.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You don't think that's a much better team than what we have now?

Just replacing Gordon with Harden would make the Pelicans a lock for the top 3 seeds out West.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

If you're so butthurt over what I post, use the ignore and move on.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Better than Howard? Really, please lay off the peyote, psilocybin, or whatever other hallucinations you're on.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hayes, Beverley, Mutombo, Ariza (the 1st time), Lee, Asik, etc? No he's not going to overpay for Stromile Swift or Derek Anderson. That's no his MO.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Jesus, some people are being ****ing moronic over one loss. Damn, no matter how bad it was, it was only one loss and we're still 9 and 3, with two losses to the teams with the 2 best records in the NBA. Do some of you realize how idiotic you sound? Wow. It's called PERSPECTIVE.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

These guys are professional whiners (FTW). They will be in perpetual b**** mode, no matter what happens.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm not sure what being butthurt has to do with anything. What would I be butthurt about? I'm only sick of seeing you regurgitate the same thing over and over and over in every thread.

You HATE McHale from the bottom of your heart.... great. I don't think he's a very good NBA coach myself, but I don't feel the need to turn into the Hulk and beat my head on my keyboard about it either.

You have some insightful things to add from time to time, but it gets lost in the endless McHale rants. Just trying to help. Calm down and we will be ok. Either McHale will get better, the team will do really well, or they wont and we replace the coach. It will be ok.

You want to talk hoops... I'm game. You want to repetitively gripe about McHale... please keep it constricted to one thread where we know where to stay away from.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What will be the excuse after the Saturday game against Dallas?

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Howard and Jones don't play would that be a good enough excuse for you?

11. FTW Rockets FTW

The thread is about Morey. I stated just one point about McHale saying that he was one of Morey's mistakes. You claim McHale is not a very good coach, I'd go as far as saying he is a bad coach. If you want to state your claim for McHale, go ahead and do so.

But you're not the thread Police Officer around here. If you're "sick" of some things, the website offers certain features to by pass the "regurgigation."

Cheers.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone thought but in couple of reports Bosh himself said he had little doubt he would leave Miami because the money, superstar first option status was there, the familiarity and his family feeling at home there.

And of course he fears the pressure

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I can almost guarantee that Morey isn't dismissing last night as "just one game, one loss."

Morey pays attention not only to w-l records but perhaps even more so to margin of win/loss ("coin flip games," "good teams avoid close games," etc.) and performance in the context of the quality of opponents.

The Rockets have played 4 straight ****ty games by now and this is too much data to dismiss as fluke. Remember, a close victory over the likes of Philly is just as concerning to Morey as a close defeat to the Lakers. The difference between the results is largely just luck when you get yourself into these close games.

Even when you average out the team's impressive start with its recent struggles the Rockets look like a "not quite contender" lower playoff seed in the Western Conference-- about 10th out of 30 teams in terms of margin of wins adjusted by opponent quality. This team is heading to a 1st round exit without signficant roster additions-- and they are aiming for something higher.

#933 Carl Herrera, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

umm no.. it's moronic to just say "hey we are 9-3".. Houston played bad against Minny, philly, okc, Memphis and LA.. had they not been playing crappy teams we would be on a 5 game losing streak..

The problem is shot selection, stupid rotations, and NO DEPTH..

If you wanna shoot three's all game come hell or high water then buckle up and get used to the results because we aren't going to make 20 three's a game. If we wanna contend we would stop shooting three's when we are off and attack the rim, go to the line and shoot mid range shots.

Also, McHale keeping Daniels who is hands down our best pure shooter when our system is chuck 35+ three's a game is just r****ded..

1 person likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You would think that running baseline screens to give Daniels open looks would be a play they run once, twice, or three times a game

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morey is the GM and so our inexperienced thin bench is on his shoulders. If players like Harden and Howard and the rest are held accountable by us fans then we have to hold Morey accountable as well. This team has huge holes and its Morey's job to fill them.

Morey is also responsible for McHale. I'm not sure how many coaches would put up with Morey and the Metrics so maybe McHale is the best we can get.

17. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

exactly.. how does this kid get meaningful minutes in the playoffs last year but sniff the floor for meaningful minutes this entire season...

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey: Our backup bigs suck. And we need more play makers.

So we are trying to get Corey Brewer. Ha!

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

More stagnant small ball. I see where Mchale gets it from. Poor Mchale getting roasted for following his commands.

20. NotChandlerParsons

We used to have an experienced, deep bench and it got us the 14th pick in the draft.