1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/19/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2014.

1. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

smh mchale threw canaan in the game in the second half when we were already down 23 points

2. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

No longer a fan of the mentally weak Howard. Tmz child abuse allegations had everything to do with missing the gam tonight. Didn't want to face the media

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, just because you are making multi million to play why should you play if you don't feel like it ? Can't wait to hear what the ailment is...a sore ankle ?

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey looked very distracted and frustrated in his ESPN interview

5. Dwightbuckle

Dwightbuckle New Member

I loved the heart, hustle, and tenacity Dwight showed tonight.

6. Danpan

Danpan Member

We already took 30+ threes, most being open. I don't think we need anymore threes.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Man, Dallas is going to shred us alive.

They love to get to the rim. If Howard is out, I can smell 60 point in the paint for the Mavericks. Dirk on Dmo is going to be gruesome.

Carlisle already dominates from a coaching stand point.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's customary to say that it's just one loss and there is still so much season to play, but man, with 1 loss we went from #2 to the #5 seed... West is so tough you cant give up the gimme games!

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

How the hell can you pin any of tonight on Harden. He played good D all night and in the first have he was setting up his teamnates beautifully, hell he was setting them up all game. The Lakers were shadowing him all game with 2-3 much like teams have done this year with Lebron. You cant beat that just have to find the open guy and hope they make the shot like he did tonight.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You know, I took a multi-day sabbatical from the Rockets- didn't see the last 3 games, 1 win and 2 losses, I think? So, I know how it is when you watch a game- completely natural to get riled up after losing to the Lakers at home. Heck, I was starting to get steamed at the team just from reading the comments!

However, we have to remember it's still early in the season. Let's maybe just look at this week so far as a bit of an aberration. Most of the time, I do trust our GM and owner to do the right thing, and while McHale ain't the greatest, I think certainly he's not the worst- we lost to the 2 teams with the best (well, GS tied with us) record, and the stinker tonight.

We'll be all right. Let's just hope this DH thing passes, they do a little regrouping, and right-size the ship. 9 and 3 is still a good start- do please continue to rant if you must- it's good therapy- and then think positive thoughts.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b_UWuhWnCfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. JazzLakerHater

How the hell did Morey feel comfortable having scrubs like Black and Dorsey being the primary backups to Dwight. That's just inexcusable.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wait mchale's response to being asked about dwight was no idea?

we're ****ed

14. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Parsons was not traded first of all, he signed with the enemy. Second of all if you think Parsons was the core of the team and a "star" then you are just an idiot, sorry.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

youre being stupid. If dwight ocould play he would play.. Rockets have 2 players out. if they expect to be contenders, they should be able to beat a scrub teams with the available players no problem.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

14 offensive rebounds allowed.

same 'ol sam 'ol rockets :rolleyes:

17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

In the post game interview, I believe Kobe made a not-so-subtle dig directed at Howard and the fact that he didn't play tonight... Something along the lines of "when things are tough and you don't show up to compete... That's when you show up to compete. That's when you step up to the plate"

18. Nook

Nook Member

I agree... He looks distracted, frustrated and disgusted. Morey is a good GM, and he could not predict Howard flaking out, but he could have made moves to bring in depth inside... The contracts for Dorsey, Black and Garcia were insulting.. Those are not NBA players.

19. TheresTheDagger

And to think not that long ago, we were ridiculed for being Power Forward central.

How times have changed. :(

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MEXICO CITY!!!:mad: