1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings protest loss at the buzzer to the Grizzlies

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Someguy1229, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure through any of those videos, you can clearly say the ball was definitely tipped - though the one instagram, looks like it has odd spin as though it was tipped, but saying you actually saw it tipped was a stretch. On top of that, the defender guarding the inbound pass, never acted as though he tipped it - never looked like he argued to the ref or anything.

That being said, you still can't do what C. Lee did in 0.3 seconds...........

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

I did not realize that Parsons played for the Kings.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Coming here to say exactly this.

Ben if you COULD do what Lee did in 0.3 seconds, the rule is that only tip-ins are allowed. And that wasn't a tip-in.

4. bmd

bmd Member

That should say "Even if you COULD..."

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

It's okay Ben.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

NBA isn't going to overturn a W. Nor should it.

Was it a tip-in?. No. But, I think the obsession on how much can be accomplished in 0.3 seconds is funny considering the accumulation of all the small deltas in clock management over the course of the game. If we're going to get real scientific about what the body can do in 0.3 seconds, why not get real scientific about stopping the clock at precisely the right moment every time the ball goes out of bounds, or a whistle is blown? There's probably at least 10 more seconds of regulation play that was just lost to the slow reflexes of the timekeeper. If Lee had those 10+ seconds, he'd easily have made that shot in time.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You have to contribute money to get editing privileges cheapskate.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it's not scientific, it's what set by NBA rules, only a tip in can occur in .3 or less and that's clearly not a tip in.

9. bilease

bilease Member

That's just stupid. Not going to pay for every forum I visit to enable additional features that every website has and should have. A webserver is like 1-2$/month, any admin wanting money from users to pay for that is a cheapskate. Sorry for going off-topic.

10. haydenfisher342

Not everyone is rich like you. On topic, kings should of won. That was not a tip in. Greater play by Memphis though. Lee clearly gathered in mid air.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the .4 second tip in rule is a rule, then it should not have been a basket, period, because it was clearly not a tip in. All the other factors are moot.

Anyhow, it's funny that it's Courtney Lee again. Remember him missing an oop layup at the buzzer that lost the playoffs series to the Lakers?

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You should cry about it, or I dunno you could find another forum.
    I guarantee you with the amount of traffic this site has, it's a lot more than $1-2 a month. Last I checked, he doesn't get paid to host this site either. You should keep quiet about topics you know little of.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I dont think the Kings are disputing the time it took for Lee to catch and shoot but that Hollins tipped the ball on the inbounds so the clock should have started then and would have expired by the time Lee caught the ball.

If you look at the instagram link in the first post the ball has two different spins - the one where Carter throws it in and then (presumbably) after Hollins tips it.

I think they are arguing that part of it and if that is shown then I see no reason why the NBA wouldn't over turn it.

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

off topic but clutch gets $$ on the clicks. So it goes both ways.

On topic, NBA should give the kings the win. The rule is clear.

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Also, no guarantees that contributing will get you contributer status. Many posters have had this issue.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe let Clutch know?

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Not my issue. I've seen many other posters comment on this though.

18. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

"5 in the paint" = good coaching

+1

19. bilease

bilease Member

Going to put the off topic part into a spoiler, didnt want to reply at first but your post is so full of misinformation I just couldnt resist.
    I just asked why a basic feature that every forum has isnt available, didnt think it would cause/start such a huge off-topic discussion. Btw I dont think it's a topic that I know little of. It's funny that you say that although you claim more traffic equals more money. If you use a proper hosting service you get unlimited traffic. Even for under 2$ a month. FYI: Studying computer engineering and managing a website for a friend of mine who is self employed, I know quite a bit about computer, internet, websites and that stuff. ;)

Oh and if an admin wants to make money he should either ask for donations or place advertisements. Oh wait, there are advertisements on this website already, and there even is a "tip jar" for donations on the main site. And the admin still needs money to pay those 1-2$ a month (and if he made a poor service provider choice maybe 5$) by cutting out basic features of a website to ask for more money? Never seen that before. I was confused. Sorry.

And sorry for that off topic discussion again, didnt mean to start that I was just curious why that feature isnt available, not criticizing the admin for his decision either he can do whatever he want to (as weird as it is). Just annoyed by **** like you and that other guy instantly telling me to gtfo or call me a cheapskate for asking a simple question, and even worse acting like you know what you're talking about and obviously have no idea at all.

Have a nice day

20. PhiSlammaJamma

.39 seconds...