1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden playing like an MVP. And a PG.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is the de facto PG. Why are people so gung ho about insisting on the position label? How is Harden's job different from someone like Steph Curry?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason Harden is at the SG is because it's an easier position for him to defend. On offense it's clear Bev is the SG and Harden is essentially playing point.

3. RCPM

RCPM Member

This is what happened, simple.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

While both are incredibly effective Harden is much more of an assist guard. Curry is the premier spot up shooter in the league. Harden is not double teamed unless he is in the paint. Curry demands a double at the three point line. Completely different players.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Hey i am waiting , baby . Is me vivi again . I use you acount again . This time i know this is you's . because this log in on my laptop all the time . i am so happy . because i call you to you phone dead . so i know you phone not with you . i cant fine you . feel so sick . if you see this call me . i dont know where you go .but i hope you come back tomorrow . this friday i dont need work . sunday i dont need go dance class . because July 4 , i have a lot plan , but you didnt here . i dont want anything .. i am sorry baby, i dont know have so much people like talk . but i know you . you the different . we are together one more year . just me think like kids. offen do something no brain . you teach me a lot things . i dont care other people how did say . we already talk marry thing if i can marry you i am happy . you know i miss you baby. I love you

1 person likes this.
  6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Wow. Just wow.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am not comparing their playing style. I am saying that both guys are prolific scorers who are responsible for setting up their teams' offense. Yet, Curry is labeled a PG and Harden a SG.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Perhaps we all pay much to much attention to labels. Harden at 6-5 and 220 fits easily into the predetermined SG role. Curry at 6-2 and 185 fits into everyone's mental picture as a PG. Heck. I do not know. Your guess is as good as mine.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Let's look at it this way.

Who on our team is the floor general who sets up and runs the offense?

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And the answer to that question is the reason the Rockets will not be spending more than $1M a year for a starting point guard in the foreseeable future.

#30 jtr, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you agree that the floor general is James Harden?

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely, completely and totally. And I personally would not have it any other way. Harden without the rock is only half the player he can be. No Rondo for the Rockets.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Double effect: subtraction of competing players/personalities Lin/Parsons; addition of experience leading a championship team in FIBA. He is the floor marshal now.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

And 3 blocks tonight. Harden is finally making his presence felt on the defensive end.

15. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

[​IMG]

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

well the players do say there really is no such thing is as point guard or shooting guard, that's for simplicity for the fans, there's really just guards

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I couldn't help but read this hearing a Vietnamese accent in my head....

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Young stars get better...

Who woulda thunk

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

So what does this have anything to do with the Rockets? You realize we're in Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves, not the Hangout? If you want to troll me there, go for it.

Or, are you jealous that I have females that are willing to hack my account and write that? It's creepy of you to pull out a quote from a thread like 6 years old. Are you stalking me?