1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I knew something was up, you don't go back to get ice unless something is wrong.

Swelling in the knee still scares me.

2. saleem

saleem Member

Very scary. Let's hope all will be well for Dwight and Black too.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

People thought we wouldn't need Harden in an early season game against the 76ers last year and look what happened.

This team isn't good enough to get sure wins while resting stars, especially on the road.

4. kemah

kemah Member

Dwight will be ok. He needs the rest.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it's the beginning of the season & he's getting in game shape... i'm not worried.

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rest him against Philly if its still nagging

Got Miami, Spurs, GS, Minny(Who have been playing tough despite their record) up next

If Dwight miss any extended time, Hou could pile up some losses in no time

7. kemah

kemah Member

Philly's another beat down.

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

If Papa can keep his turnovers down, he's going to be a real asset.

He has good court vision, finds the open man, and also makes some great passes.
    But then, NOT so great at times. Tries to force it.

I think he still is not used to the speed of the NBA game and the quickness/range
    of some of the defenders. Once he gets an idea of what is/isn't possible, he'll limit
    his TO's. Otherwise, he's got potential. Seems to be meshing with our team pretty well.

And JET has been money lately. Good to have him on our team for a change.

Based on what I've seen from our D so far, this team is light years ahead of last year.
    Of course, we haven't played any top teams yet. But just the effort chemistry on D is improved. Especially with 3ZA on the wing.
    Parsons was always focused on offense and doing his 'pump fake' every time.
    I hope Trevor shuts him down when we play them.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm really glad we got the win. Sometimes the games a team is "supposed to win" are easy to let up the intensity and have them slip away.

Harden was a monster out there tonight, and his defense was definitely above average and, at times, downright excellent.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

It's pretty cool, we're not just beating the bad teams, but we're blowing them out like we're supposed to. It's a good sign; like the Blazers last year, the NBA has gifted us with a kind early schedule, and we can only play the people in front of us. Look at Phoenix; they already got demolished @UTA tonight. Our performance so far certainly speaks well, especially considering we're not even running on all cylinders just yet.

11. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

yep, I love what I am seeing from him so far this year. If he can keep it up, I can really see him getting into the upper echelon of the MVP debate. He needs to increase his efficiency from the field though along with maintaining his defensive improvement.

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Maybe many are seeing something I'm not, but again I thought Papa was trash. Looked afraid to shoot, wrong place and silly turn overs.
    Really pleased Jones is backing up on his last season. If we keep him I can see him turning into a really good player in years to come.
    Glad to see Johnson finally get some minutes. Long overdue!
    Blistering 1st quarter. Job was done at that point. Well done Rockets. 3-0 fantastic start.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Swollen and swore does not sound good at all. Hope Dwight's knee is okay.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm glad you're not our coach or gm. The kid has a high BBIQ, his post passes are excellent especially for a rookie. Post passes are not easy and it took Lin, Parsons and Harden a third of a season to learn last year. This kid gets it to Dwight in positions where Dwight doesn't have to do any moves but his hook shot or a dunk. Once he learns Alley-Oops they will be a deadly duo in the PNR. He has a clear court vision and will be the play maker for us off the bench by the end of the season. When his shot is falling he becomes the perfect role player. Making the right pass, hustle, passion, good defense and nice shooting. Dude already has a number of blocks and steals. Finally the kid has the tools to be really good, not a superstar but maybe a Peja or Delfino.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Swollen and Swore things heal quickly.

16. saleem

saleem Member

Peja no way, on offense. He already seems to be better on defense than him. Delfino seems to be his ceiling, which is not bad at all.

17. Aleron

Aleron Member

Odd comparisons, is it because they played in europe and have weird names? He's nothing really like peja or delfino, he'll be a good shooter, not great like those 2 were (especially peja), but he can play defense and playmake.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Me too!
    Hey, hope you're right and there's plenty who support your view.

19. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Irrelevant news, but James harden was at the Nipsey hussle concert after the game tonight

20. JazzLakerHater

What the hell is Nipsey hussle?