1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

This thread is a little bit like going to therapy after coming out of a bad relationship. Although I'm relieved it's over, I still need to vent and be heard. But, I don't have to say anything because some of you guys are so hilarious and the sheer volume of comic genius is making my sides hurt from laughter. I feel better every day, thanks!

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Carlos Boozer looks like Juwan Howard at a similar age:

http://www.basketball-reference.com...m=0&p1=boozeca01&y1=2014&p2=howarju01&y2=2006

And 2005-2006 32-year-old Juwan Howard was not a very effective player for the Rockets if you remember those days.

They can give you a dozen points but mostly via inefficient mid-range shots-- TS% below .500. Won't get to the basket or draw fouls. They have also lost their mobility and are bad defenders.

Good "locker room guys" though. Boozer is always yelling encouragement and getting excited on the floor and Juwan used to always be the 1st guy into the fray during any kind of scuffle defending his teammate. I suspect that Carlos will milk this "veteran leader" thing into his late 30s like Juwan did.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. zyt

zyt Member

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Man... that has me thinking it could work. You know, aside from the fact that no one else on the team actually seems to know the offense.

7. mingthething

mingthething Member

[​IMG]

8. steady

steady Member

Kobe to Lin on the bench in the 4th Q in loss to Suns:

"Go run the offense—aggressively. This is your job. You run the show. You're good at it. You don't have to look over your shoulder anymore like with other teams. Grab the bull by the horns. Enough with your talk about fitting in or facilitating for me. Play like you played when you were in high school."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...jury-lakers-struggles-into-bonding-experience

9. Neped

Neped Member

Wow it seems like Lin isnt the only one playing like CRAP, Lebron had 9 Turnovrers and CP3 is missing all his shots 2/11.

10. Neped

Neped Member

Trolling. Very funny!:rolleyes:

11. mingthething

mingthething Member

Oh craps. This means Lin has a lot in common with CP3 and LeBron. LOF's where youuuu attt.

12. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Yeah that was awesome. I can't wait till the Spurs retire TMac's jersey.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He does play like he's in high school

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Love that bench riding skills.

15. jamie10

jamie10 Member

this could be fun

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is Jeremy Lin too good looking for a professional sport? It's got to be massively distracting for Glamor Asia to constantly want to be taking your photo.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

he's average looking? I'm asian too and I look better than him.

18. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Of all the threads on CF, why do you insist on taking a dump over and over again in this one about an ex-Rocket? Most of us recognize Lin's limitations but we have good wishes and still want him to grow. Even though he's traded away now, I am glad there is still a thread and a space where we can continue to discuss and enjoy him on CF.

If you're sour or negative about Lin, fine. So be it. But just leave it out of this thread. Go now. Evanesco!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GF8aaTu2kg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. jamie10

jamie10 Member

please post some pictures

If you are better looking than him then I'm sure you don't mind lol.

Jeremy Lin is average looking though but all that money does make him look better!

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He might have had better bigs in high school, he definitely would have had better shooters.