1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2014.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I want it where our team is so dominant even officiating can't save their ass. Shouldn't be wishful thinking if we have the best SG and C in the L.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Everyone counting us out reminiscent of certain past Rockets teams... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/donteverunderestimate?src=hash">#donteverunderestimate</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/527141741615648768">October 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, Dwight is susceptible to pump fakes as he's nearly always trying to go for the block versus playing positional defense ala Asik.

Boozer and Kobe could draw fouls from Howard with a few well timed pump fakes. And even Lin can force fouls if he goes right at him (though he'll take a beating).

Dwight accumulates a LOT of fouls during play. Hopefully he keeps his feet on the ground more often or we may have some issues as the season goes on.

1 person likes this.
  4. s.b713

s.b713 Member

YAY!! Excited

SOON is finally here 1st game of the season.

Things i'm looking forward to see from our team today:

Hardens effort on defense(tight D on Kobe would be a highlight)

Defensive rebounding, we need to rebound the ball better specially on the defensive end. We need our guards to rebound better alot of times last year a lot of them were leaking on the perimeter already going into Offense without having even a possession of the ball.

Taking care of the ball, silly turnovers(one of the main culprits its on the other team now) from Howard need to stop and stay out of foul trouble danm it sometimes he just talks to much $hit.

I want to see Popsmear stay aggressive even if his shot ain't falling keep trying bro there's other ways to impact the game rebound, Defense, creating shots for your teammates hustle hustle , he's a crafty player reminds me of Scola a little. Your shot will come keep shooting. IMO he's gonna be key off the bench.

Tjones consistency pleaseee!!!!!

DMO keep rebounding broski, stay alert on D. Keep your hands up and jump straight stop those danm silly fouls

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm glad you're still here. I thought you might stop posting when the trade happened (I don't mean that as a derogatory). Anyway, glad you're still here and I enjoy your posts.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Ironic Morey posts a quote by a great coach. Players can have all the heart they want, you still need a leader! Other then that, great speech ;)

7. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I Agree, i like Torocan post. Quality poster he's a consummate professional hope he retires a Rocket.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nice try Gustavo.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Love Morey but you can only say that when you've won the championship.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Thanks.

I wasn't really planning on going anywhere. I'm still a Morey and Harden fan (in spite of his defensive lapses). And I just don't see Morey going anywhere any time soon given the trust that Alexander has in him.

The Rockets are still a very interesting team this year, there's a lot of potential outcomes in terms of their performance. However the changes they've undergone aren't trivial so we'll only really know what they can or can't do once the regular season gets in full swing.

Not to mention, I wouldn't miss Morey's moves leading up to the trade deadline. You never know what that guy has up his sleeve... :)

11. Penetrate&Creat

Should be an easy Rockets win... there's no excuse to lose

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

We need to win this game, the Western conference is gonna be tough this year again. We just can't afford to loose this games against this sub-par teams.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

How many hours left? I'm too excited! Crush the Lakers!

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

we are crushing them. I'm seeing a 125-101 blowout

15. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Ive been waiting for this game since Lillard hit that shot.

I think were in for a monster season from Dwight and Harden. It will be nice to see them dominate the Lakers to start the season.

Rockets 116
    Lakers 92

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think it will be much closer than most think.

Rockets 98-94

17. conquistador#11

i hope howard isn't playing in the 4th qtr after we're up by 20+

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This game is a battle, not a war.

You hate to lose an easy battle in a war, but you should not just want to win battle and overlook the whole situation of the war.

19. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

This really should be an easy win, just look at their rosters. Injuries, washed up Kobe, and scrubs..

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes, and we had lost to them at home last year and also lost to the 76ers.

I ain't saying we will repeat that, but there is really no need to over hype just one game of the long season.