1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I liked him as a prospect that would fall, and he did. I think he'd have been better off being able to sit his entire rookie season, but we'll see. He didn't play as well as the stats show because he got a lot of yards in garbage time, but the kid has some potential.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Texans were up 27-3. They weren't pressing, but keeping the offense in front of them (doing a poor job of it might i add). In other words, prevent defense.

I only brought up Fitzpatrick so it does not seem like i am biased.

Barring injury, Mariota does not slip. He has the measurables and we all know how much the NFL loves those. I agree that Mariota might not be worthy of his draft day selection. Who knows, like most QB's he will struggle early.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What was impressive imo was dude stood in the pocket with a lot of composure. Once he gets the timing down and accuracy Bobbythegreat, dude is going to give us problems.

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i'm not worried about a pocket sloth.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They were playing prevent pretty much the entire game. The Titans were in 3rd and long several times in the 1st half and Mett dumped the ball off to the running back for big yardage but came up short of the 1st down.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, getting down timing and accuracy isn't as easy as you're making it sound but I do agree he has potential.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Manning and Brady have been pocket sloths their entire career Diehard. And they are in their way to the HOF brother. But hey lol he might end up being a Matt Schaub 2.0.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Think about this while you suck off Zach, Mark Sanchez lit us up on his 1st start and won on the road. He turned out to be The Great Mark Sanchez!!!

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

ya, Mettenschaub ain't no Manning or Brady.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I never said it was easy Bobby but I do know its attainable through hard work.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nobody predicted Brady would have the career he has had big timer.

Lol why do you good peeps argue so much. Lol

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

because you're mentioning mettenburger in the same breath as brady and manning.

13. Remii

Remii Member

I'm just glad we didn't lose to Dallas and Tennessee in the same calendar month.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Aren't they sloths in the pocket? You did elude to quarterbacks that were sloths couldn't be successful correct. Lol Bwhahaha

Or are you telling me I can't use any SUCCEESSFUL QUARTERBACKS that are were sloths. But can use Matt Schaub as an example to describe this mans future in the NFL. Interesting

15. Remii

Remii Member

Well that goes back to my point the Texans secondary always look like they're playing prevent defense... And I don't believe this defense is good enough to play prevent defense when they're learning a new system. But like I originally said he may be someone we might have to keep an eye on. Time will tell.

"System quarterback" may come up for Marcus around draft time... That's why I think he may drop.

Did we have J.J., Clowney, and a super bowl winning DC during that time Mr Suck Off...?

16. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Mettenschaub doesn't work for me. Guy may be a sloth but his arm is ten times better than Schaub's. He's got a rocket.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Grossburger?

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mettenpatrick

Fitzburger

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

"Mettenschaub" comes from his sloth like pocket movement. They both appear to run in sand & have poor pocket presence/awareness.

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

If the kid turns into another Matt Schaub, he will have done pretty good for himself.