1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cannot WAIT until the return of CLOWNEY, can you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 10, 2014.

?

I cannot wait. Can you?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. I cannot wait, either! He will wreak havoc and we will win!

58.3%
  2. He will have some impact, but we will still lose.

21.3%
  3. He will have NO impact.

4.6%
  4. Who's Clowney?

4.6%
  5. Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

11.1%
  1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We could have solved our weak slot position by trading for Percy Harvey. Dude would have been a major upgrade for that position as well as punt/kick off returner.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Does it make it better that he'd only be our #3 WR for one or two years? You still don't use the first overall pick on a guy like that. Actually you have it backwards our talent at WR is better now than it has been in years....TE needs some help though.

Oh hell no. If you Google the phrase "locker room cancer" Percy Harvin is one of the first things that come up.

3. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know how much that would effect the cap but you have a point. But dude was up in Seattle giving his teammates raccoon eyes so I don't know if the Texans would go for that. And I was looking at Sammy as a replacement for AJ which Percy probably wouldn't be and the Texans would have Sammy and Nuk going forward at a cheap price....

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha I hear ya big timer. If Pete can't deal with ya, nobody can.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, and he was beating up teammates and starting chaos in a locker room of one of the best teams in the NFL, can you imagine what he'd do here?

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol dude is a monster in the locker room.

Sammy would have been a great addition.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Marshawn Lynch is Locker Room Cancer too now?

Rocket River

8. MykTek

MykTek Member

I was watching Clowney during the game and all of his pass rushing moves seem not to work.... that spin move he does just looks like he's jumping into the player like they were ice dancing or something... lol

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You will notice that with most pass-rushers, even Watt, if you watch only them every single play... they're usually beat or neutralized more often than not.

Clowney was pretty obvious to notice since he was standing up on every play on the edge... and there were enough pockets collapsing that either forced Zac to step up or dump it off (and this time, the team had actual ILB's that could tackle those dump-off plays).

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are 2-0 with Clowney in the lineup.

So...

That's something.

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

ELECTRICAL CIRCUSES

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he made a comment to that his leg was messing him up (probably all mental) he kept referring to leg strength. he probably can't plant his feet right to make his moves. Just give it a few games

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Harvin has effectively split the locker room.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, to the point where they are letting Marshawn Lynch walk next year. Harvin is bad news.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Lynch was getting cut next year regardless..

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah? Why? That team wins with their run game and their defense, without Lynch they'll take a considerable step back.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

He will be 29, and makes too much money.

They have younger players to lock up (Wilson, Wagner, etc..), and they don't want Lynch's cap figure hanging around. Hence why they drafted Christine Michael.

Lynch knew this going into 2014, that's why he held out of training camp to get a $1.5 million pay bump.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it'll be interesting to see how it plays out, if they can't replicate Lynch's production in the run game, the Seahawks might be falling back to "just another team" status. Their defense should still be able to keep them in games, but they've gotta be able to score to win and that's where they need their run game to step up.

19. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

I don't think anybody in their right mind disputes that Watkins is a very good football player. Most of us knew that as soon as his first couple of games in college. But rezdawg is right. Maybe if Watkins was 6'4 he would've been considered at one. But even then it's doubtful. The stud pass rushing, oline, qb, and even cb prospects will most of the time go in front of the stud wr unless the wr is truly once in a generation. A guy like Clowney, who would've had a shot at going number one straight out of high school, will always be taken before a guy like Watkins.
    And I thought the team that should've made sure that they got Watkins was the Raiders. When is the last time they had an elite playmaker on offense? Watkins, James Jones, and Holmes would be the best wr group they've had in ages. I like Mack as a prospect but he's not an elite pass rusher. I think Watkins is more of a game changer.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So what's the deal. Clowney gets a tummy ache and gets carted off the field in practice? What is he going to break a nail next week and want to get put in a full arm cast?