1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to QB rating, you can kind of break the league's QB's down into categories, if your QB is at or over 100, then you are set, you've got an amazing QB, if he's in the 90's then you have a solid QB, but you wish he was a bit better, if you have a QB in the 80's, you are looking for better, and anything below 80 is in the god-awful category with guys like Geno Smith, Jake Locker, Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater.

The high 80's is pretty good for a stop-gap journeyman, no one is satisfied with that kid of QB long term, but you can do worse.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thank goodness we have Foster. Could possibly be 2-6 without him. Arguably the best rb in the game. To have almost 800 yds in 7 games vs 9 in the box every Sunday is very impressive.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

So much oomf here

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

cool gif.

the man can cut on a dime!

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I don't know about you but I wasn't expecting good QB play from Fitz, I was expecting mediocre... which is what we are getting. Mallett would be getting absolutely destroyed by this abomination of sorts that some teams would call pass blocking.

Now, I am all for taking a 1st round QB in April. Fitzpatrick is not going to be the starter next year.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't particularly knock Fitz or care about Teddy.. but the factor you're not considering (among others) regarding Ryan is how many INTs dude dodges, by pure luck. We'll see how long the magic lasts.

Yeah, great TD. IMO, the 1st one was better. He was pretty much stopped for a 3 yard loss, then flipped it into a 40 yard TD. Both great TDs though. Glad dude is healthy and ballin.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Watt on sack and fake selfie &quot;Kind of a reminder this is NFL, not high school. Welcome to the show.&quot;</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/526478005951283201">October 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL J.J. needs to pull the panties out of his ass.

Oh noes! He took a selfie! OMG!!!

Let Mett worry about Mett. Watt should [keep dominating] and worry about Watt.

Rookie QB ain't focused on the game! He's takin' selfies! Oh the horror!!

J.J. I think Fitz is too worried about his beard. And D.J. is too worried about being swaggy. :rolleyes:

And sweet letterman jacket bro!! This isn't high school. It's the NFL. :rolleyes:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New team letterman jacket. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SeniorPhoto?src=hash">#SeniorPhoto</a> <a href="http://t.co/UkNwIGgU">pic.twitter.com/UkNwIGgU</a></p>&mdash; JJ Watt (@JJWatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/277178099743981568">December 7, 2012</a></blockquote>

[​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p>Can anyone explain to me why JJ Watt seemed so bothered by Mettenberger posting selfies? Why on earth would he care? <a href="http://t.co/YI8boaPtzH">http://t.co/YI8boaPtzH</a></p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/526513048186408960">October 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also, how did Watt know Mettenberger posted the pregame selfie unless he was, yanno, on his phone before the game, too?</p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/526514246410969088">October 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

#808 J.R., Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It's still better than Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, and Nick Foles.

Look, every single person here knows that Fitz has no future in Houston. Every person here knows that Fitz isnt a good NFL starter. However, he has been able to play the QB position at a level that neither wins nor loses the games for us. In other words, given what we knew about him coming into the season, he has done fairly well.

We can point to a Fitz fumble here or interception there as reasons why we lost a game...just as much as we can point to Watt failing to bring down Romo or our special teams not being prepared for an onside kick against the Colts.

Fitz leaves a lot to be desired and he certainly isnt going to be the reason why the Texans win a game...but he has put the Texans in positions to win every game except the Giants game. However, this team has been undisciplined and poorly coached at times, on top of the obvious lack of talent at multiple positions.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Watt looking like a tool in the letterman jacket sinks his case.

My guess is knowing you are wasting your prime ( as one of the 5 best defensive players since face guards were made standard ) playing for a mediocre franchise has made Watt feisty.

Also I am sure hearing AJ and Foster talk about never winning a damn thing doesn't help matters either.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH. Please tell me that you aren't serious. If you thought any of this, you weren't thinking.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

he's only the best defensive player in the NFL & on his way to his 2nd DPOY in 3 years and his 3rd straight All Pro selection... i'm quite sure JJ can say whatever the F he wants & no one can say a damn thing!

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol wut, thats all he said? what the hell is the big deal? people just looking to bash him because hes well liked by almost everybody. typical internet overreaction. can't b**** about losing so lets find something to b**** about!! :rolleyes:

Waaaaah jj watt is such a meanie to a rookie QB!!!! remember guys, everybody is a winner in the NFL! :(

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I wonder, do you guys even sports? A big part is emotion and teams and players are constantly looking for bb material. Even mj would make crap up just to find some motivation, sometimes even during a pickup game!!!

And fack nick wright, he's such a whiney b**** can't stand his radio show. Complaining about someone complaining lol. Best part is the dumbass thinks jj was really serious, what a tool.

#814 ipaman, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  15. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He was playing the role of a veteran. And Nick Wright is a typical hype machine. Coaches and even trainers are known to share locker room material before a game. He did the Rodger's double check one year and no one threw a fit. He didn't say the kid shouldn't do it but that as a rookie and your first start you might wanna focus on the game a little more. It's an opinion. Get over yourselves, Charlie Strong.

16. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

This thread is a dumpster fire.

17. Nook

Nook Member

You stick to your prediction of the Texans going 10-6 and the quarterback position not really mattering that much and I can handle the rest of it Bobbytheboob.

FWIW no, I was being sarcastic... I don't really care what Watt says.. Being the best defensive player in 25 years gives him that right... but the Texans ARE wasting his prime..

I am serious about you sticking to your list of "locks" on the mighty 10-6 Texans schedule.

Another stellar game by the 2o14 draft class as well.

Now go back to your script Bobbytheboob.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What a terrible, off topic thread this has become. Half of you should be reported and banned. You're seriously ****ing stupid trolls, and a cancer to this forum. Go away.

1 person likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

we need to photoshop pics of "andrew luck" at a strip club the night before the game to get watt even more pumped up or spray paint his ford pickup with "luck was here, bro."

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great game, had to record it due to my kids soccer game, but the team played well, still worried about our QB play holding the team back, but looks like we might squeak into the playoffs.

DD