1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then why aren't you complaining about Fitz?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would I? He played about what we can expect from him, average. He has good plays and he has bad plays, all I ask is that he limits the bad plays and doesn't actively hurt the team. I'll take an 83.9 QB rating from the guy who is just a placeholder at the position till we get something better.

3. Mr. Clutch

That was much less than average play IMO.

83 rating is 28th in the league

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, everyone has an opinion and you are entitled to yours. If the Texans lost that game, it wouldn't have been Fitz's fault, yet he's always the most talked about....strange. I think that some just aren't very good at analyzing QB play.

If anything should be complained about, it's the O line play when it comes to pass blocking, it was absolutely pathetic today, only made worse after watching the Steelers give Ben all day long to play around in the pocket without pressure right afterwards.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

No one is complaining about Fitzpatrick.

Just pointing out that the texans won in spite of his play.

See, this is what you should "expect" from Fitzpatrick. Winning in spite of him. When Houston loses... It's generally a ton of things in combination with Fitzpatrick's poor play.

6. Mr. Clutch

Taking a sack on 2nd and goal at the 2 was his fault.

The last time our OL was good only at run blocking, our QB was David Car. Hmm...

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I thought the tackles looked fine, while the culprit was a combination of Jones & XSF.

Brooks had a few bad plays.

But, overall the line looked good enough.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Line one: No one is complaining about Fitz

Line two: Complaint about Fitz.

Line 3: Complaint about Fitz

Yeah, there were times he should have thrown the ball away, but the line was just atrocious all game long, if he got better protection, he'd play better....just like any QB.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making with the David Carr line.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

So telling the truth is complaining?

Wow, the wussification of America continues!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's no big deal, let's just end this here, you are incredibly biased because of a draft crush and on top of that, I'm not sure you really know what you are seeing when you watch football.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

It's funny that you bring up Bridgewater more than I do and he's my "draft crush".

Regardless, I am not sure what you're arguing considering you just said Fitzpatrick did not play well. So, what exactly are you saying? We aren't allowed to talk about Fitzpatrick's play because the Texans won?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather people who don't know what they are talking about it. It was a decent performance given an absolutely pathetic performance by the O line, the fact that Fitz is talked about more than the poor O line play just shows the level that Texans fans are operating on.

13. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

You people are the worst.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

So now it's a decent performance?

No more than an hour ago you said:
    Let's not go full blown history revisionist.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are so tedious. Does "decent" mean "good"?

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol you're splitting hairs.

You & Slick Willy would get along just fine!

17. conquistador#11

did someone say quarterback rating? =)

fitzy's qb rating is 88 rounded up, which for being a 'journeyman' is pretty good. obviously would like orton but oh well.
    Our defense, with their ints and swatts, have made every qb they've played look like matt ryan (93) which is why 3 of the 4 losses were very winnable if not for self inflicted mental errors.

With the addition of clowney, I expect the opponent passer rating to go to a 90. It could be even less if sack fumbles were counted in the formula.

I saw the most play action passes I've seen all season long today, and he has been completing a high percentage from play action so that's a good step forward. I get scared sometimes that with a shaky line at times coach wants to put the ball in fitz hands without the threat of running.

Te blocking has been pathetic. Griffin, could have sprung Aj for a td on the first screen pass but he whiffed.

18. Mr. Clutch

88 is good for 22nd is the league

Remember it is a passer friendlier league now.

That's not "good" by any stretch.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, and Bill Belichick should all be fired for keeping their QBs in during blowout wins.

;)

20. conquistador#11

it's a passer friendly league but not a new sport.
    if you bring it on defense and make their qb come down to fitzy's level, which they have except for eli manning, you can win.

It's a formula that has been proven to work against pass happy teams of yesteryear and yesterday.
    Half of me does wonder if Savage could be putting up an 88 rating right now. I think he could with the weapons we have.
    an 88 rating by a rookie gives you Hope, an 88 with the civil war colonel makes you one to shoot yourself with his musket. I get it. I do.