1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jeremy Lin, 2015 first round pick to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 11, 2014.

?

Do you like the move to trade Jeremy Lin & future first to LA?

1. YES

84.8%
  2. NO

15.2%
  1. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Geez first and second round picks just to get rid of Lin? Oh we'll betcha Morey will find a way to replace those picks with new picks

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Heh, thats what Lin thought before Harden got here. The only guarantee of him freelancing was named Mike Dantoni, and he's gone. I expect him to be a bench player again.

3. rokit

rokit Member

great deal for the lakers...wonder if things would be different without that bosh pump fake

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Definitely. We could hold out for a better deal or just wait for his contract to expire.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Teams have to send something back in a trade.

6. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Don't like Lin, but dang we got hosed in this deal.......unless we sign a more capable backup pg

7. rokit

rokit Member

unless they get bledsoe somehow, lin will be starting. that rookie jordan clakson is a really good prospect though

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

uh yea i get that but this guy isn't even a legit prospect

9. htown7829

htown7829 Member

First round pick at least protected

10. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

I'm very disappointed that Lin hasn't sent out a heartfelt letter saying he's coming home to California a la Melo and LeBron. And he didn't thank the Houston fans. Selfish guy.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Probably still in church

12. traveler

traveler Member

yes

He brought it on himself. He had no qualms to post on his twitter that he felt disrespected and thus gave us no options then but to get rid of him.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Pending protections on the 1st rounder, I believe this was absolutely an ideal trade in dumping Lin.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

The Rockets first-round pick is protected through the lottery, though the exact details of when the Lakers would get the pick has not been announced. The second round pick was acquired from the Clippers and would go to the Lakers when it falls between the 51st and 55th picks of the draft.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In itself obviously a significant loss. We'll see how everything shakes out. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JayBoy116">@JayBoy116</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> how would you grade this trade?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488374434936258560">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#574 redhotrox, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  15. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Not sure if this info has been posted yet. The following is from: Rockets choose not to match Parsons offer sheet

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lottery next year. Top 10 for 2 yrs. Top 5 for 2 yrs. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/3spl3">@3spl3</a>: What is the protection on the first round pick sent to the Lakers? Thanks.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488469864655237120">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. tadahito

tadahito Member

With the way Morey has upgraded New Orleans and Dallas's rosters and gutted the Rockets' roster, the Rockets could just miss the playoffs next year.

If Dwight bolts in two years, this pick could be a high lotto pick.

The new GM replacing Morey in a few years would be b****ing like Hinkie is now with the failed Bynum deal.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Bad thing about this is we can't trade our pick now until this obligation is met.

19. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Official Rockets statement on trade

20. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

hi Clutchfans community,

First off, I am a Rockets fan first. I started watching the Rockets when Ralph Sampson joined the Rockets. I loved watching those old games of Rockets Jazz, Rockets Nuggets, Rockets Mavs when the Rockets had Ralph and when Hakeem was still Akeem.

The twin towers ruled.

I am surprised why the Rockets organization traded a very good player to a team I enjoyed watch the Rockets beat when Ralph's last second shot propelled them to the finals against the Celtics. For me, watching the Rockets eliminate the Lakers was like an orgasm.

Now GM Morey trades rising star Jeremy Lin to the Lakers?

What's the point of having acquiring him from the Knicks when he would be traded anyway?

Would Carroll Dawson have done the same?

Was Daryl Morey paid under the table by the Lakers?