1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he can create so many more turnovers now he's in LA, might as well open a food truck at Staples to sell them for breakfast.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin will probably have a good year but the Lakers will be terrible.

3. steady

steady Member

Nah.
    Not going to be like that because the Rockets are so much better than Lakers.
    Rockets starters will obliterate their starters, even if Lin starts.

The benches though, that will be close. Lakers got some interesting players in Randle, Davis and Clarkson.

4. steady

steady Member

ITA. And think Lin would say the same. He gives Houston credit for being the place he really learned to be an NBA player.

In a way, BECAUSE he wasn't allowed to play to his strengths, Lin had to focus on improving his weaknesses: his 3 pt shooting, his D, his off the ball, his turnovers.

5. VanityHalfBlack

I don't mean to be an ass or start more flame wars but what playoff game is this, game 3 or 4???

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/nQ9X09IU4kU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/nQ9X09IU4kU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

6. VanityHalfBlack

Oh wow, apparently I can't read worth a damn. It say's it in the damn title. I'm an idiot, sorry folks.

7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You should play the angles a bit more in your trolling. The straight-ahead bull rush is getting a bit boring. Pick up some clues from tinman, he's more fun.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wow. You packed a whole bunch of wrong into one post.

1 game won't settle any debate.

No one in the organization gives two ****s about what Lin does as long as the Rockets win. And really no matter what the outcome of this one game happens to be the only thing they really are focused on is the postseason. Something the lakers won't have to worry about.

A few posters have already taken you to school on Houston the PG killer and how unbelievably wrong it is.

Lastly I just don't think there is this bad blood you think there is. The only group of people butthurt are Lakers fans at Dwight and Lin fans with Houston. Guarantee the players have no bad blood and the actual organizations view it as just another game.

9. steady

steady Member

... when I say he wasn't allowed to play to his strengths, I mean, Lin didn't orchestrate the offense the way he does with the Lakers when he was here. I am still not sure why, even with the second unit, Lin didn't take the initiative last year. Maybe it was on him. I just remember most of the time if he was on the floor with either Bev or Harden (which was most of the time) one of them would initiate the offense.

10. split41

split41 Member

Lmao, Lin has god on his side! Nash was going to start over Lin, then Nash got injured for the season. After that, Byron scott was starting Price, then Boom! he goes down with a knee injury. Someone up there really wants Lin to start.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This ^^^^ it's just business. If Lin was making Bev's money he would still be a Rocket.

12. steady

steady Member

From Lin's press conference where he was introduced as a Laker

Q: On his last year with the Houston Rockets and what he learned:

Lin: It’s definitely been an up and down year for me. When I look back on not just this past year but maybe the past two years, I think I’ve learned and grown a lot as a person, as a Christian and as a basketball player. From the minute I stepped into Houston until now, I’m definitely a much more complete player. I’ve learned how to do a lot of things I maybe never had to do before, which is learning how to play off the ball, cutting and really challenging myself with some of the weaknesses I’ve had to improve on.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is why Morey had to trade Lin before God smites the entire Rockets team with injuries.

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I think Lin is a really good ....... tank general. He can elevate these rookies and stablize the offense. But he has lapse where he makes mistakes. That is why he might not be a championship caliber starting PG, a backup pg on a championship maybe.

If the Rockets never got Harden, Lin will do wonders for the team.

DM's decision is right to trade him, Lakers really need someone like Lin right now and the Rockets really dont.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Lets be honest here, Lin/Price is no doubt better than Bev/whoever it may be. Don't see why we are making fun of their PG situation.

16. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

I dont know about Lin but Bev >>> Price

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Especially now :)
    Honestly the Lakers aren't ready for the Rockets. The Warriors showed what a well oiled machine could do against 5 guys that haven't played together much. I don't think the Rockets are Warrior level in chemistry but have a core group that know the system. It'll likely take a cold shooting night for the Rox and Kobe-mania for the Lakers to win.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I wish he'd shut up about his mental problems. Or better yet, work towards solving them.

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

haha if that was chris paul or harden being pushed, they would've flopped straight to the baseline.