1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah hilton is currently a receiving target machine. 7th in the league with 59 targets (basically 10 per game). I don't see that changing as Wayne has lost a step and Hicks is also a shell of himself. He'll continue being their #1. Once megaton is right you'll have one of the best flex players in your league. But Ty is a small player and not much of a redzone target so his non-ppr value is lower.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Cameron or kelce?

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'd object to that. Without Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate should no doubt get the bulk of the receiving work. Not to mention it'll be against a under-performing New Orleans defense. I know Torrey scored twice last week, but he still had some drops and only got 5 targets on the game. I don't think he'll have a terrible game necessarily, but unless they force him some red zone throws, I just don't know if he's going to be viable, as opposed to Golden Tate who'll get a ton of targets all over the field.

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

For those of us streaming Defenses would you start Washington's D/ST against the Titans at home or the Cowboys D/ST at home against the Giants? Those are the two best options out there.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I think I'd go Kelce.

Looks like Jimmy Graham may play, but not start. Should I put him in over Dwayne Allen even if he has just a limited roll?

6. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

I'd play Washington, Titans are starting Whitehurst.

Pick one WR and a Flex:

Keenan, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Steven Jackson, Storm Johnson?

7. King of 40 Acres

I'm in the same predicament I traded for Jordan Reed this week thinking Graham was going to be out for a couple of weeks. I have Graham on my bench and plan on leaving him there.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Yeah I would stick with reed if I was you but I'm still so torn on this!!

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Eli Manning against Dallas or Dalton against Colts?

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Another game, another TD for Kelvin Benjamin. He's leading all rookies in receiving yards and TDs. 5 TDs in 7 games, not bad for a rookie.

Where's Wecko?

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

With AP and Montee Ball both going down for me, I'm somehow now plentiful at the RB position. I have Ball, Forte, Hillman, Sankey, McKinnon, and Bryce Brown going forward. Which ones are for real ROS and which ones should I look to move? I'm afraid Ball coming back will just make both Ball and Hillman unstartable, as it will turn Denver into a full-out RBBC.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah den situation will get murky once ball returns. See if you can move the 2 in one trade.

13. King of 40 Acres

With the way Hillman has been performing I think he takes Ball's starting job and gets a majority of the touches.

I'm up by 12.1 in one league but my opponent still has Antonio Brown playing tonight. Hoping the Texans run the hell out of the ball and control the clock.

14. King of 40 Acres

Wilson put up 37.1 and Cam put up 14.3 yesterday.

Oliver didn't produce as well but Hillman went off and should be the starting back for the rest of the year. Just saying.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Brees didn't get the 50 throws I was hoping for but 340 yards and 2 TDs will suffice :)

16. primtim24

Since you're still upset that your trade was spoken of poorly, I'll say this for the 3rd and final time. The players you got were decent, but the reason the trade was viewed poorly by others (including myself), was because you didn't get what you probably could've gotten for Cam. If Hillman goes on to be a beast and Cam goes on to play like crap, that still won't change this fact.

At the time of the trade, you didn't get full value. Now, if you wanna say that you looked into the future, and this is why you gave up what you gave up, then fine. But in the grand scheme of fantasy sports and selling high vs selling low; you sold low on Cam Newton after his season high. That's all I'm saying.

17. King of 40 Acres

Alright I'll agree with you that I probably could have got more for Cam but there wasn't a huge market out there for him to begin with. I also just wanted to get rid of him and didn't feel like being a tough negotiator and drawing out the trade process another week (because I had a feeling Cam probably just had his highest scoring week of the season).

I also traded Fred Jackson for Andre Johnson and Jordan Reed last week. Probably could have gotten more for him too.

18. primtim24

I understand why you did what you did, and don't blame you one bit for doing it, I just thought I would kindly offer my opinion on the trade when you asked.

As for the other trade, in my personal opinion, I felt that was a very good trade. Depending on your roster, You got a solid TE1 (when healthy) and an above average receiver (plus he's a Texan...that's worth extra points).

19. King of 40 Acres

Thanks man. Yeah it helps that Jackson got hurt too this week. I have Jimmy Graham as my TE1 but he's been hurt recently so I needed a reserve TE (which worked out decently yesterday). Just worried about that QB situation in Washington now.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I was definitely wrong there. Brees was able to carve out a nice game despite matchup. Kaepernick was bull**** against Denver, but luckily my result was academic by then.