1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Thread About Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ubiquitin, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reading about KD's injury made me think about Rose's bum knee and what could've been for his career.

I know his speed is "back", but I can't help but fear he has peaked and he is just a bump away from a career ending injury. At the same time he is a player that is easy to cheer for if only because of his humility

Any thoughts about how D. Rose does this season?

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I honestly think he'll have a really good season.

With Gasol and McBuckets on the team, along with a developing Butler, Rose will be counted on less to get points, which is great.

When it was just Rose + Booze + offensively bad Noah, about 2-4 years ago, Bulls defense relied too much on Rose to penetrate and get buckets.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He looked like **** in the FIBA world cup. Hoping he recovers but this is his first time playing, hopefully, a significant amount of games in like two years.

4. macho87

macho87 Member

Who's mcbuckets?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

McBuckets aka 'Ray' aka Doug McDermott

[​IMG]

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rose is built more like a boxer ala Derek Fisher.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Finally, a thread about Derrick Rose.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Amazing crossover on Lawson:

[​IMG]

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Hell be fine. He's just rusty from not playing consistently at an nba level for the last 2 years. Speed/Acceleration looks good. But he'll inevitably have another blowout injury imo. His style is too herky-jerky to not place immense stress on his joints.

10. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Great defense by Lawson! :cool:

11. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

That's my guy. I am rooting for DM. I wonder if he will be able to play his sweet offensive game in the pros. Hope he doesn't get abused defensively.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

by seasons end DM will be starting at SF imo.

chicago is in for a great year if everyone stays fairly healthy. best team they've had in years

13. downbytheriver

Lookin good. Real good.

14. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zj57Eyzfq5A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Would not surprise me at all.

If the Bulls are legit, they can't have Dunleavy playing 30+ mins/game.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wasn't he talking earlier about Harden's defense? :rolleyes:

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Poor guy might be done. One thing after another for him.

Knee, ankles, now hamstring(?)

(Chicago) Media got on him because he kept sitting out with his ankles and didn't want to return until he was 100% or near close.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thibodeau: &quot;If he can go, I think he has to go. If he can’t, then he doesn’t. The only way he’s going to shake the rust off is by playing.’’</p>&mdash; K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/530855103704887296">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Then you hear his comments about this is beyond basketball, beyond this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here's some of what Derrick Rose had to say about the controversy around him: <a href="http://t.co/E6iBsJGWMK">pic.twitter.com/E6iBsJGWMK</a></p>&mdash; Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/532937694159339520">November 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now he has a hamstring injury...

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/HilariousIncomparableHart" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="854" height="480" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he is absolutely broken, two major knee injuries, both non-contact, combined with his herky-jerky style in getting to the basket, he's ofcourse going to suffer another knee injury sooner or later. he just isn't fluid getting to the basket.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

And Chicago continues it's contender tease to gain hype, fans and of course all that $$$. Every single year the media hypes the Bulls up and every year they let everybody down, this has got to be like the 3rd time Chicago has been ranked ahead of the Rox. Does the media learn from it? No, next year they'll still have a high preseason ranking and every Bulls fan will talk about championship :rolleyes:

And as for D Rose, when does "not caring" end and stupidity start? It's fine to sit out if you don't feel 100%, but why needlessly antagonize fans by saying stuff the wrong way? Is DRose saying no other players care about their family more than Bball? If he really didn't care about what others think, then why is hawking basketball shoes in the first place, having good sneaker sales rely on having fans who think highly enough of you to buy shoes with your branding on it.

I understand he's a basketball player not a politician but at the same time being PC doesn't take rocket science, he's obviously just too dumb to know any better, like when people are lauding him for not hamming it up at the ASG when the reality is he can't dance and move the crowd if somebody put a gun to his head and forced him to do it. You can also see it in his game, still no improvement or any real basketball skills after X years in the league, no improved D no outside shot, no tricky moves like Euro steps etc., everything he does is 100% reliant on his insane athleticism which is no wonder his body is breaking down so fast.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I hope this doesn't turn into Rose holding the Bulls hostage with his injury status and bloated contract like someone we all know...