1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/9/2014 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2014.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Cut Dorsey?

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Sooner or later, we have to part with one of Jones/DMo.

Defense and rebounding made this team run.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Were you laughing at my post? I don't know what the picture of the ugly euro chick is supposed to mean.

4. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

You need some glasses sir.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good post. Completely agree that PF is still our weakest position to be addressed, hence the wide open competition for it. D-Mo and Jones are young and flaky, capable of a good game now and then, but just maddening inconsistent overall. Against the top PFs, both tend to wither into dust.

If I am Morey, I would try to trade for Millsap and within reason give Atlanta whatever they want.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hBVEczWqdrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zhjdCcmXzlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EhmOdw48Xww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#286 redhotrox, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  7. bmd

bmd Member

Those shooting shirts the Rockets have are sick. Even the secondary logo looks good on the front of them.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeeesss, highlights

thx, mate

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Gotta keep Black man. Need a guy who will work on the boards to ever go far in the playoffs. Carl Landry 2.0?

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry if posted already:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Vince Carter suggesting Beverley chill after drawing charge, celebration. Bev says, &quot;That's what happens when you get 2nd team all defense.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/520377434659516417">October 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

Anyone know what happened to Terry and Beverly after halftime? I was at the game tonight and noticed they weren't on the bench after halftime? Maybe they were inside with Dwight playing 2k15 haha

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

After Lin is gone, our PG is the weakest in the league....
    I am disappointed by cannan... Ish smith is just a third tier point guard...
    Hope we can get a experienced player at the point to run the second unit.....

13. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Texans game tonight probably had something to do with it.

14. bmd

bmd Member

Ish Smith looked pretty good...

15. TheresTheDagger

I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for their comments and the video's especially. For those of us who can't watch the games and are curious how all these new faces look, its very helpful.

16. bmd

bmd Member

Agreed. It would suck if they have to cut a player who is playing good basketball in order to save a spot for Capela who is nowhere near being ready to contribute.

17. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

That's what I think it's gonna be. I don't see Dorsey and Canaan making this team.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Maybe Morey tries to unload Canaan before the cuts so he can get something for him.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Things are becoming a bit more clear after tonight's game:

Johnson is going to need some time. Not ready for rotation minutes yet IMO.

Jones had a stronger game and is still the clear front runner for the starting PF spot.

DMo wasn't nearly as effective tonight, let's see in the next few games if he actually improved in the offseason.

I could easily see Adrian stealing DMo's backup 4 spot unless DMo shapes up. In any case, I expect Adrian to play a role. He's too good a rebounder.

Black might mess around a force his way onto this team. Interested to see what Dorsey can bring to the table, cause Black is impressing.

Looks like Ish smith is our backup PG. That is probably where we need an upgrade the most.

Papanikolau did okay. He'll adjust as the season goes on.

Beverley, Harden and Ariza all played fantastic.

Overall I thought we played well, looking forward to Dwight getting some extended minutes for the first time to see his much publicized physical improvements.

20. noppeper

noppeper Member

Kostas looks like a keeper, but I'm not quite seeing this. Granted, I was very young when Bird was at his prime, so my memory is kind of hazy in regards to the intricacies of his game. Can you please elaborate?

BTW, I really liked Kostas post game interview. He seems like a a very smart guy, and more importantly, he plays smart on the court as well...