1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitchell Wiggins finds closure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 9, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By having his son Andrew drafted, Mitchell Wiggins said he felt like closure for him

"I felt like I should have played more years in the NBA"
    "I am able to let go of some things when my NBA career ended"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lnqfrNpOsuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In case you didn't know, Andrew Wiggins father played for the Rockets
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nnl9tWmHyTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go google what happened to his nba career.

Could there be another Mitchell Wiggins to come to the Rockets?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rvAIX6JgVss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

yea i sure hope we get a player who loves cocaine!

with all that energy we'll have our defensive stopper and leader

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude probably cost Dream a third ring

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great thread, tinman. He was such a sweet player. And I didn't know he had another b-ball player son.

Nobody should harsh on Mitchell. He's more than paid for missteps, and it's not like all of your fathers or grandfathers weren't doing coke in that era anyway. Half the NBA was.

Some people have additive personalities and it turns into a sickness.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

So nobody in the league did cocaine in the 80s except for the Rockets?

Yeah right.

Nobody on the Celtics or lakers?

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Why did they find TWO players on the Rockets and nobody else on other teams?

Think about the 80s, what 2 teams made the league money?

Now name me the team that scared the crap of those two teams.

Ok name me the two superstars on the Rockets, they are untouchable.

Now name me the next two best players on that squad.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ranny

Ranny Member

Maybe everybody was doing it, but he got caught, and that makes a huge difference. Athletes should never use drugs, period, hell regular people should never use drugs, but if you are stupid enough to do it at least go above and beyond to avoid getting caught, although its very likely that if you are that stupid to do drugs then you are not smart enough to avoid getting caught.

8. basketballholic

Another Brother can tell you some stories about drug use on those old Laker teams.

9. CertifiedTroll

Solid, factual, and unbiased. Great post.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My man you sound like an idiot.

11. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/udNHsk57f24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There it is . . . .. .

Rocket River

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You know wants to hear the truth....

Like saying SMU was the only team paying their players...

Both SMU and the Rockets were the same... Let's make an example...

T_Man

14. Ranny

Ranny Member

Thank you sir for the attention; even the most idiotic comment like yours is appreciated.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I loved that team, and would argue it was Bill Fitch's dream offense.
    Still pisses me off.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There were three...Lucas, Lloyd, and Wiggins.

This was one of the greatest teams assembled .....not just Rockets... all time.

While it's true that we would have likely won multiple titles with this team......Dream/Sampson/We wouldn't have "sniffed" any of it .....without these three.

Lucas, while not what he once was, still had plenty in the tank to be the floor general on a championship team, he was asked to be here.

Sweet Lewis Lloyd was so underrated it wasn't funny ....GREAT finisher whether it be on the break or halfcourt....Incredible midrange game....such touch....

Wiggins was in you face D, could handle the ball a bit, and stroke it from downtown.

I understand why folks say they "cost" us titles....sad state of affairs however you look at it.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...ing-86-run-Rockets-a-lost-dynasty-1506695.php

http://grantland.com/features/an-oral-history-hakeem-olajuwon-ralph-sampson-1980s-houston-rockets/

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Did you exist in the 80s? Drew Barrymore did cocaine at age 12 in Hollywood.

You realize that the league did not want to deviate from Lakers vs Celtics because Bird and Magic brought so much cash to the NBA.

So why didn't Wiggins get busted before the Rockets beat down the world champion Lakers in 1986?

why do you think that Wiggins needed 'closure' and felt like he could have played a few more years?

18. bongman

bongman Member

To add more to this...

Lloyd and Wiggins were permanently banned (but later reinstated) for their first violation. The NBA already knew the drug culture going around the NBA since the late 70's and the first time that a player got banned for their first offense was with those 2.

19. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

This bums me out and pleases me at the same time.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The thing that still baffles me is that the NBA had people that looked into the abuse, and they called Lew and Mitch into the office and asked them if they had done cocaine and that they were going to have to take a drug test.

If the players admitted it, they would have gone into rehab and been suspended for 30 days....both of them said no, stupidly, and got banned for life which back then was a minimum of 2 years.

Then when John Lucas was caught later, it destroyed that team.....took years to get back.

All they had to do was say yes....and the Rox would have been contending for years with that team.

DD