1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clowney hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jay713, Aug 20, 2014.

1. MadMax

MadMax Member

What about Bridgewater, Bobby? Can we label him injury prone already? Because you sure seem to be selling that narrative after his one ankle tweak...juxtaposed to Clowney having 2 surgeries since he's been drafted.

I'm all for the Texans so I hope you're right. But you're downright insufferable in these threads. You argue like you possess all facts and knowledge; and that everyone else is just guessing and making assumptions. You shouldn't care one iota what I think of that; but it doesn't appear as if I'm the only one who notices.

1 person likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Just don't bother. He's incredibly arrogant and dismissive of other people's opinions or even reality I'd he doesn't agree with it. He's a very smart football fan so it's too bad that he can be insufferable.

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

I saw this thread had gained a couple of pages so I thought there was new news...alas it's just Bobby being arrogant and a know it all as usual (this coming from someone who agrees with him that Clowney isn't injury prone).

1 person likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't label him injury prone and never have.

As to arguing, there shouldn't be any at all, I don't know why people ignore what the actual players say when pushing their narratives.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What "reasoned opinions" are you talking about? I'm arguing against those who are pushing to label Clowney as injury prone in his rookie season....that's not a reasoned opinion. I'm arguing against those who suggest that DJ was lying when he said that Clowney told him he got injured by stepping in a hole in the turf....again that's not a reasoned opinion.

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

So you don't take much stock in multiple posters laying the same observations about how you act on the board and how your posts come off?

Why exactly do you feel so strongly about not listening to Andre Johnson when he says he wants to play for a winning team and so strongly about listening to DJ Swearinger when he says Clowney said he hurt his knee on the field?

Andre has incentive to lie to cover up the fact that he is in it for the money but Clowney has no incentive to lie if he just tore something because he landed hard on his knee?

This seems like a blaring contradiction and the only correlation between who you think should be believed is based on what backs up your opinions, opps i mean facts. I don't know why in the world you think Clowney deserves the benefit of the doubt more than Andre Johnson.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

this is so dumb, lol.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The statements from BOB seem like a smoke screen. He never really said he's not playing. He just said look at your calenders "4 weeks from when the injury occurred" is when he'll be ready. if I'm not mistaken isn't that soon. maybe be wishful thinking on my behalf.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand it, I shouldn't waste my time arguing with those motivated by agenda, but I do anyway.

I don't really mind it when people disagree, it would be a pretty boring place if everyone agreed all the time. That said, it's better when they stick to reality and there seems to be a bit of a break from that on this topic.

You have to take motivation into consideration, if Andre really wanted nothing but to leave, promising that you'll keep him around another year wouldn't have satisfied him....it did. Due to that, it stands to reason that he was merely trying to leverage the Texans both with the holdout and his comments about not knowing if this was the place for him and whatnot and as soon as he got what he wanted, everything was great again.

What was Swearinger's motivation to lie about what Clowney told him on the field? What was Clowney's motivation to lie to Swearinger on the field? Now if Clowney came out and said that to the media afterwards, maybe you have a point, but it wouldn't make much sense for him to be lying to another player that soon after it happens.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

You are constantly pushing your narrative. It's all good, but don't pretend you're somehow above it all.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Is Bobbythegreat = Basketballhollic of the Texans forum?

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I wouldn't put Bobby quite on that level. That's just being mean.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, to Basketballhollic.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

You're probably on Big Tex stubborn. For the record, you are not the only one in this entire message board that likes like to disagree and debate. Re-read what everyone has said and maybe you will understand what they mean about you.

This "break from reality" is your opinion. You disagree with other opinions based on your beliefs. Stop with this god complex that what ever you think is somehow truth. You don't know Andre and you don't know Clowney.

The Texans refused to trade him and he had no leverage. What was he supposed to do? Sit out the entire year. That's not going to happen. You have no idea that this guarantee is what happened behind the scenes. Or wait, did I miss DJ Swearinger drop that info too?

Maybe Swearinger hates the field? I don't know. What I do know is that no one came out and corroborated what he said, including Clowney. Bill O'Brien came out and said that the field was not the issue with the injury. Then again, I'm sure you can tell that O'Brien had a motivation to say that and you shouldn't believe him but you should believe the guy that what was the term? Furthers your narrative?

Let's see what the coach of the Texans actually said (remember, this is his direct quote and not from a telephone game.)
    Notice how he cites the game film? Something you have never done. Never pointed to a time where you can see Clowney sink into the field?

I'm sorry to everyone else on the board. I just can't stop. I can't take these posts anymore. It wouldn't be as ridiculous if this guy wasn't the most frequent poster in the entire texans thread which isn't bad in itself. It's just what he does with the posts.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, this is going nowhere, have a good day kid.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

Kid? Seriously dude? When have you ever backed away from a "debate?" Pretty convenient to do it when Bill O'Brien bursts your reality. Until next time, -brando.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty simple, I don't find you an intelligent poster on the subject so there's no point continuing. It used to happen a lot with Remii before I blocked him. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe, it doesn't affect me in the least.

19. solid

solid Member

News Flash: Draft McKinney (50) the Miss St. Linebacker who weighs 250 and runs a 4.4 forty. I don't know when he come out, but get this guy, we need him, bad. He is fantastic.

20. JeffB

JeffB Member

Thisis where the ignore list fails.

1) People keep responding to this character as if a real dialogue is occurring, just feeding whatever unsatisfied need causing them to spam the threads. There is no discussion here. Be as reasonable and logical as you like. It doesn't change this person's agenda. Might as well be the D&D.

2) They pretty much kill every thread by making each topic about themselves. This person here accounts for a disproportionate number of posts in certain threads. At the moment, this poster has 48 posts in this thread compared to 22 by the next highest poster.

#440 JeffB, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014