1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL bows down to the islamists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

NFL: Husain Abdullah penalty wrong
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...sas-city-chiefs-penalized-praying-celebration

First Iraq now NFL? The mooslems must be stopped. Is there nothing sacred left in America?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damned mooslims.
    He should have been executed on sight.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

People are trying so hard to make this controversial. Bad news, it won't be.

4. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Its 2014 ... EVERYTHING is a controversy

5. rudan

rudan Member

I'm just glad he didn't blow himself up in the end zone or behead the referee. He must be a moderate Muslim..........

1 person likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Abdullah was supporting ISIS with that celebration.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The way his team was ravaging and beheading Brady and the Pats it was obvious.

8. trustme

trustme Member

inb4 atw finds that husain abdulah attends some mosque that donated to some obscure charity that may or may not have had some of it's funds end up in iraq helping widows and orphans.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I always believed that Muslims in the US were not as uptight and as easily butt hurt as Muslims overseas. In fact I always believed that Christians in the US were the uptight entitled assholes who cried persecution more than any other religious group in America. However **** like this really makes me question this notion. After I see half my Muslim friends and family on Facebook b**** about this I have to reconsider. Do they understand that any after touchdown celebration is penalized in the league. Religion had nothing to do with the ref throwing the flag.

Religious people and their god damn persecution complex. Why do religious people feel so entitled to not having their feelings hurt?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

well they didn't penalize Tebow. That's a fact. Nothing happened after his celebration.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Yeah Muslims are such victims. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

the flag wasn't for bowing or praying the flag was for sliding on his knees. He acknowledged this several times in his post game meeting with the press and admits it was his mistake... not sure why there is a controversy

14. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

You do know the rules have changed since then right?

15. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

as stated in the OP:

"For me, I just got a little too excited," Abdullah said, according to the Kansas City Star. "I think it was for the slide."

"He said, 'You can't slide,'" the sixth-year free safety said.

no controversy here...the rules are clear on this.
    /thread.

16. Major

Major Member

Except, as noted in the original post, the NFL disagrees with you.

According to Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (d), "Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground."

"However, the officiating mechanic in this situation is not to flag a player who goes to the ground as part of religious expression, and as a result, there should have been no penalty on the play," NFL spokesman Michael Signora told ESPN's Ed Werder.

The NFL is very clearly stating that what he did is not against the rules and should not have been flagged. So maybe the rules are not quite so clear.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think it's because of this:

"However, the officiating mechanic in this situation is not to flag a player who goes to the ground as part of religious expression, and as a result, there should have been no penalty on the play," NFL spokesman Michael Signora told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Maybe he thought the flag was for sliding on his knees. Maybe the ref thought so too. But the NFL now obviously feels like the knee-sliding was no problem. Given our national feelings on freedom of religion, it makes sense for the NFL to take a wide berth around prayer, even if they have to allow a little celebratory knee-sliding in the process.

18. RedRedemption

Meh.

They are about as easygoing as Christians here in this country that get butthurt about no prayers in schools and **** like that.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

fchowd0311 is speaking from personal experience about muslims he knows personally. How did you come to your conclusions?

20. RedRedemption

From Christians I know personally that rally together and pretend they are the most persecuted group in US history.
    Same conclusions from Facebook.