1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to wear Chinese jersey this year, plan to unveil new alternates in 15-16 (UPDAT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2014.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I approve of this message.

Don't like our jerseys? We could be the Houston NRG Rockets or we could be like the NASCAR whores.

2. krosfyah

As a "fan", your only purpose in life (to the team) is as a reliable income stream. If they feel like they can make money from Cajun's, they would. But let's be frank, ya'll Cajuns are a bunch of cheap arses. ;)

3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

If we're getting a new cut of the current jerseys, we're not getting a redesign anytime soon.

4. bmd

bmd Member

And you made my point. I'm not talking about what is good from a business perspective. I'm talking about from a fan perspective.

If you held a fan vote about Chinese jerseys, the vote would be an overwhelming "no".

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lin is gone, why chinese jersey?

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

why?! we don't have YAO or LIN anymore!

7. krosfyah

Are you excluding Chinese fans from your voting system? Do you remember Yao Ming's all-star voting results?

A "fan" is a customer. So how do you justify ignoring customers when building a business strategy. I think you need to go back to business school.

Stop being butt-hurt. It's a business.

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

So I don't see the difference in the cut from today's media day? Do y'all?

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Next season.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe not weird so much as narrow-minded, jingoistic, and dangerous.

Still don't understand this accusation. The Chinese do not have a monopoly on red. The font? Doesn't look terribly Chinese to me either.

But, to the extent they market to Chinese fans, it makes all the sense in the world. Yao fans in China were left stranded when he retired and the ones still following NBA basketball probably still have a bias for Yao's old team. Why wouldn't you throw them a bone?

Cajun alternates on Mardi Gras would be awesome. Someone send Morey an email!

1 person likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't have a problem with Lunar New Year jersey's, given our history with Yao and Jeremy, and the large Asian population in Houston (to be fair, not all of them are "fans" of the current Chinese government, which might impact sales a little). What I have a problem with are the current uniforms. Like everyone else, I didn't like them when they came out, don't like them now, and would love a change that's an improvement. Changing the cut would have at least been something, as Clutch so ably showed us on the front page, but instead we get nothing. A Lunar New Year alternate jersey is nothing when seen in the larger picture of massive fan dissatisfaction with our current uniforms.

And add me to the list of those demanding a Cajun jersey during Mardi Gras. My Cajun brother-in-law, who makes the best seafood gumbo in the greater Richmond/Rosenburg area and points west, would certainly buy several for friends and family, including folks in Louisiana. I'd buy a couple, of course.

Listen to the People, Les and Daryl!

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

LOVE the Clutch City alternate idea.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So do I.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've seen the Chinese jersey now and it looks like it is two Mandarin characters (not four)... so the one who said "Rockets" would be two characters is correct.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

ew on both fronts.

16. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

People actually care about Chinese characters on a jersey for 3 games? Are these the same people that get mad that they have to press 1 for english?

1 person likes this.
  17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Houston Rockets?

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

火箭 ?

19. bmd

bmd Member

So where are the pictures of this jersey?

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Story is updated with a photo of the Chinese jersey.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Here is your first look at the Chinese jersey the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> will wear this season. <a href="http://t.co/kLlrxk166H">http://t.co/kLlrxk166H</a> <a href="http://t.co/RTAIVm6R7o">pic.twitter.com/RTAIVm6R7o</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/516690783961751552">September 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>