1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Bortles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by newAge_Rockets, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remii

Remii Member

Stop dancing around the dinner table and sit down and eat that crow Eddie... Lol... I know you want to see Blake fail because you just didn't want to believe the kid was good...

We'll see what he does on Sunday.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't want to see him fail - I just didn't think he was worth the top pick. Time will tell.

I do think it's weird that you're trying to push him as the right pick already. Hell, even after a preseason game you were.

#902 Two Sandwiches, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I thought Remii wanted Watkins at #1?

4. Remii

Remii Member

If you look through this thread _ I was pushing Blake before the draft. And you was hate'n on Blake then as well.

Truth be told. We better hope he fails since he's in the same division. And yes he did throw two interceptions and I expect him to throw a bunch more like most rookies do.

Yup... Sammy, Blake, maybe a left tackle or trade down is what I wanted. Anyone but Clowney.

But Isaiah Crowell is looking like the best offensive none-QB player. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins rookie of the year once he takes the starting job from Ben Tate.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Blake will probably fail, I'm not too worried about him. I'm more concerned about Teddy playing well.

6. Two Sandwiches

I'd be more apt to call any of Teddy, Derek Carr, or Garropolo "the one that got away" considering it was never about drafting a qb number one. We could have had any of those guys with our second round pick, or traded up at minimal cost for them (Teddy's case).

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure.... because the 2013 draft class was the last class that they could ever get a quality QB in.

Lets let these guys play at least half a season, or at least start a game, before you are prepared to anoint all of them. Fact remains, none of them have shown anything different than expected form when they were drafted (including Carr, who likely could never have been an option here... even if it would have been for the wrong reasons).

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't one of them actually have to turn out to be good in order to be "the one that got away"?

9. Two Sandwiches

Exactly. If five years or so down the road, one of these guys is good, then we could say that.

But my points here are that its absurd to say that after a half a game, or a preseason game, such has been done in this thread. My other point is what the post above yours is saying. There are so many times this can be said, its very lame and short sighted for anyone to be pointing out a specific case....especially this early.

Before whatever draft it was, I told Bills fans they should get Kapearnick in the second round. Doesn't mean he was their "one that got away."

10. Two Sandwiches

I agree with you completely. Just debunking the reasoning behind Remii's point, by giving a slightly less absurd example. Should have said something along the lines of "if any of this year's class can be considered that, which is absurd..."

For all we know, they could have been waiting for this year's qb class, and never were interested in any of those guys. This whole exercise is pointless, much less with this year's crop of rookies.

11. Remii

Remii Member

I pointed out that "so far" Blake has looked good. And he has, there's no debunking that. How can you debunk the tape...

We're beyond the "what we think these players are going to do" debates. It's going down on the field and on the field from pre-season to Blake's first regular season action _ he has looked every bit worthy of a top pick. It doesn't matter if "YOU" don't think he wasn't because "so far" the tape shows he was. Maybe after the game in San Diego the tape will show he wasn't and you can pat yourself on the back... But right now ---> you're just trying not to sit down at the dinner table and enjoy your meal.

Maybe Clowney will look like a top pick in between his injuries...

12. dmoneybangbang

Clowney looks like a beast when he has been able to line up and play.....

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Being on the field matters a lot in any sport. I think Greg Oden could have been an all star if he was healthy. Usually players don't get less hurt as they get older. If he was hurt all of last year and is hurt this year it doesn't bode well for his future.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We should probably take him out back and euthanize him. It's the humane thing to do, after all we wouldn't want him to suffer after a concussion and a mild knee injury. cost him a few games his rookie year.

15. Two Sandwiches

While I can see your point, I can also understand the uneasiness of those that worry about his injury history. The guy plays so fast and hard, at times, that you gotta worry about seemingly insignificant impacts or incidents turning into something that keeps him out for a few weeks at a time.

Him staying healthy for 5 or 6 games in a row will go a long way in my confidence in him. No doubt when he's on the field, he's the real deal, though.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand a bit of it as well, but there has been a lot of over the top nonsense to where I've heard Greg Oden brought up numerous times.

17. what

what Member

Bortles looks like the next Ben Roethlisberger. Houston is going to regret not picking him for years to come. He looks fantastic.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This dude is straight up legit. The Jags have a QB.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you mean he'll ride his defense to a few championships then sexually assault people?

20. what

what Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.