1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Just got it. Its nice.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That batch wont be any different than the first batches being sent to Houston or London.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Working from home today waiting on the phone to show up. Anyone that has received it yet, what do you think?

4. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I've been refreshing my FedEx tracking page every 30 minutes. I was hoping to be able to run home during lunch to pick it up, but it looks like it will have to wait. At least my delivery hasn't been pushed back to 8 PM though like others, but I think that has a lot to do with proximity to the distribution center (I live in the loop and the DC is north of the Beltway).

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I think FedEx has a DC on 288 and Holly Hall (near Reliant). So you might get it a little sooner unless they start their routes far and work their way back in towards the DC (which I would think is likely). So who knows. Mine is coming UPS and says "delivery before 3PM (by end of day for residential deliveries)". The flooding around town may delay it as well.

6. So Good

So Good Member

I live in Katy and got it delivered around 11:30am.

lol earlier on the week I got a delivered message from UPS and thought it was the iphone but it was just my ACL tickets.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

So anyone have the iphone plus?

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Mine hasn't come in yet but I want to return it for the iPhone plus at the apple store anyways. What's the plus stock been like?

9. moose

moose Member

Scarce. Especially 6+ 64 GB Space Gray.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'm looking at the silver/white one with 128gb memory. I'm in no hurry though.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm waiting on FedEx myself. Do they require a signature on delivery or will they leave it at your door?

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

FedEx usually requires a signature, but you can usually pick it up the same day if you make it to that particular branch in time.

13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Has anyone tried out the leather or silicone cases by Apple?

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Did you get a UBER card with your ACL tickets?

1 person likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

So what's the best color? The "gold" looks more like a pastel-ish color from pictures I've been seeing. Not the type of gold color I was thinking.

16. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I'm planning on getting a black one eventually. Space Gray or whatever. Waiting for this first wave of lunatics standing in line for hours and hours to pass first though.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think the gold has more hype for some reason but the space grey is the classic black.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Went and saw them in person today. I didn't like the gold at all. the antenna lines are a whitish color that really take away from the gold feel of it. The other two colors were just fine.

I am glad I didn't pre-order. I went into the store to at least check them out because you should definitely hold them in your hands if you are undecided about the 6 and 6+.

I am all about bigger screens and stuff but you have to realize going into this that if you get the 6+, you better get ready to do everything with two hands for the most part. I tried to type a few times and I was able to do it one handed but it was very awkward and I knew I would probably drop it if I did it on a regular basis. As far as using it two handed, it works perfectly and I got pretty quick typing with it. The size is just right for that. It fit into the pocket pretty nicely and didn't bother me too much.

The 6 is ideal in terms of size. it was a nice upgrade from the 5S but yet felt so much better due to the design of it. The thinner feel really lends itself nicely to the design and I was able to do everything with ease.

Towards the end of playing with them I was still torn. I think I will mess with them some more before I make my final decision on which one I want to go with.

If you are torn like I was, then definitely go in and hold them and actually use them in the same way you would do on a daily basis.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

You shouldn't be texting and driving anyway, so I'm not sure I want a phone that i can use one handedly. It will prevent me from future accidents.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That's not the main thing for me, since I naturally don't do that. It's more the convenience of when I am working on something at home or somewhere and i can easily respond back with one hand rather than have to stop what I am doing and respond.