1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgTHEpotential

Rights are rights though. The guy is still active (playing in Morocco) and we'll own those rights until he retires. Maybe we should send out some feelers to other teams if they're interested in them? :grin:

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You do know that some members are season ticket holders. Some contribute by purchasing Houston Rockets apparel. And don't forget the TV ratings. Some fans had to drop Direct TV or DISH and pickup Comcast just watch the Rockets play. I don't understand your fetish with putting money in the tip jar and if you don't, you aren't a serious fan. We are all here representing our favorite basketball team.

Basketballholic that's a little over board sir.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Get well soon, Batman.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh and Get well soon Batman. Its crazy that there is these pockets of people here in the community that are actually into Basketball and Theater. Two very opposite interests, but its really cool to see. My wife is actually a theater director so naturally its our second home, and anytime you want to talk theater/hoops shoot me a message.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol just like how the green bars tell you absolutely nothing about a poster's level of quality posting, the contributing thing tells you nothing. Why? Because I contributed YEARS ago and never got credit for it. In fact it was towards a fund for another member's illness IIRC. At first I emailed the mods/clutch about it but then didn't even bother to follow up on it. Why? Because it wasn't worth the hassle.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

when did Cyberex, paging cyberex .... mean sound the contributor status hälarm? :confused: isn't that for feedback?

7. steddinotayto

This board will survive as long as Clutch wants it to, with or without insiders. I'm not taking a jab at cyberx, plowman, batman jones, etc. because I appreciate the nuggets they allow us to have. But once the preseason and season starts again, it will be more basketball oriented, which is what Clutch intended this message board to be IMO.

We've gone from someone seeing Hakeem at Whole Foods (and getting a picture of him) to someone overhearing that we were going to get Steve Francis to members stupidly showing up at Yao's house to members driving long distances to help woo Bosh to all of the insider stuff now.

We've also had ridiculous posters from as far as I can remember (present company included as I was one of the big reasons why the SPOILER tag had to be created due to me flooding the Hangout with naked Monica Bellucci pictures years ago) and that's never going to change. Could we use a bit more policing/moderating? Absolutely but who's going to set the rules?

1 person likes this.
  8. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Season needs to start ASAP

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, hell yeah. Great thing about my wife is I can take her to Rockets games and to ballet. (I'm trying to get her to let me take her to "Othello" but she's afraid we're spending too much.)

Cool thing about your wife being a theater director.

What a long strange summer it's been. Clutch has let this thread suck in all the scraps. It should have been re-named "Summer 2014: Detritus".

Part of me still hopes an insider will pop up with "hey guys! Plowman (or) cyberx was right, we're getting (fill in the blank with name of PG or Faried)", but even I have begun to lose that hope after drifting at sea for two-and-a-half-months with little sustenance.

#10549 ROXTXIA, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  10. nathan1107

nathan1107 Member

11. nathan1107

nathan1107 Member

just say " can not agree more " , the name goes grey . hehe .

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

To be quite honest, it's because of people like him that I probably will NEVER contribute. I don't take kindly to pressure. This site was created as a free site. Not as a paid membership site. It's great that you guys have money to throw around, but not all of us do. And not all of us are comfortable making donations online either.

It's quite sad that basketballholic feels he has to disparage other posters to get his points across. It usually means your message isn't really all that strong to begin with.

You're a tool, man. I don't believe anything that comes off your fingers anymore because you act like such a pompous *******. You take the fun out of Rockets discussion with your "get on my level" type shenanigans. Get over yourself.

13. steddinotayto

Rather than starting a new thread (thereby upsetting some here), I hope Bimathug can answer this question (that is, if he hasn't soured on it already).

Larry Coon's website had this tidbit about qualifying offers and restricted free agents:

Can I get a better interpretation of that? Lets use the Bledsoe/Phoenix drama. What I got out of it is:

Phoenix extends a QO to Bledsoe. He does not sign it (thereby not accepting the offer) before October 1st and when October 2nd rolls around that Phoenix and Bledsoe can go back to the negotiating table to work out a contract that's higher than the QO but lower than the max. Is this right?

If so, I think this is could be a loophole for all parties involved? Because:

1. The current qualifying offer that Phoenix can give Bledsoe is a bit less than $4 million
    2. Bledsoe would take a bit financial hit at accepting $4 million with his history of injuries and all
    3. Phoenix would have a pretty disgruntled player on their team that could torpedo the locker room chemistry which could then.....
    4. Lower Bledsoe's "attractiveness" when he hits free agency again next year.

Maybe the Rockets tells the Suns, "Look, if you can get Bledsoe to sign a one year deal for $8 million and then we can absorb him with our TPE, we can do a 2nd deal where we send you guys your pick of Dmo or Jones plus the Pelicans' 1st Rounder for whatever crap you want to send us"

That way, we can absorb Bledsoe with the TPE and not have to find a way to match a salary of $10+ million, Phoenix gets to move on from him and get a young power forward and an attractive draft pick and losing pretty much nothing in return, and Bledsoe gets a slight payday increase for one year. Then Houston could work out a long-term deal with Bledsoe before next season is over.

Of course the biggest question here is "Well, why don't they just do it right now? Why wait?". Hell if I know but maybe this is what everyone is waiting for (the deadline)? :confused:

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Typically the team can negotiate contract terms and rescind the QO as part of the signing process, but it means more along the lines of, the QO no longer would exist as a contract option, but phoenix would still have right to match if he signed elsewhere.

15. steddinotayto

Thanks!

A 1 year deal at 8 million isn't the greatest thing in the world but I would think it'd be better than a 3 year $36 million dollar deal for a player that really believes he's a max-level guy given the fact that if he plays as well as he did when he was healthy last year for an entire season, that payday would most likely be in reach.

But of course this is all wishful thinking on my part.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

The main problem is that if he signs the QO, his bird rights will not transfer. He's essentially a one year rental.

17. steddinotayto

But I don't think it counts as a QO if it's a contract negotiated after October 1st if both parties, prior to October 1st, rejects/declines the initial QO.

This would essentially be a "new" contract as the QO would no longer be an option after October 1st which could mean that Bledsoe's Bird Rights would still be in play.

Of course, I'm going all by my own assumptions as to how this works.

18. treeman

treeman Member

And this post HAD TO COME in this thread at some point. Congratulations r****ds, you guys just ran off the one guy we have who is actually vouched for as a legit insider. So now the thread used for asking cyberx questions has resulted in a plethora of fake insiders and running off cyberx.

Perfect. :rolleyes:

Worst. Thread. Ever.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol just leave then instead of calling people r****ds.

20. treeman

treeman Member

I call it like I see it. Fake insiders and r****ds.

This thread is a train wreck - not sure how one could categorize scaring away our last legit insider any other way. And who can look away from a train wreck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.