1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol, his fights are boring, i only tune in via streams in hopes he gets knocked out, probably never gonna happen.. hes really good at keeping his distance, its not running according to the enthusiasts but whatever..

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I will never order another mayweather fight unless he fights pac...what a pathetic excuse for a boxer, couldn't care less about the "zero" in his record smh

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I get why Floyd fans call what he does a sweet science now. I fall asleep watching him fight just like I did in science class.

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Silly floyd, he thinks C- is A- :grin:

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

But like suckers we all will tune in the next time he fights...And I am not even going to comment on tonight's pathetic ref...who decided that every lock up needed his intervention...

And if a Pacman fight did come about, how is Manny going to employ his fighting style against a guy that heavily dictates tempo almost every match he has. The person that beats Mayweather has to use Mayweather's footwork against him. Mayweather will not fight a brawl, he wants not part of that.

In the first Maidana fight, the Argentinian actually had moments where he kept the fight interesting. Tonight, their camp had a terrible game plan. They thought they could fight Mayweather, with the style that has kept PBF undefeated. He gave you another chance to beat him, and you must go for that knock out(because youre not beating mayweather on technical points). In round 1, he should have come out wailing and let Mayweather know that you are either gonna get knocked out, or you will knock someone out.

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the fact is.... people get in the ring with Money...and cant out box him, its that simple...when a man lands 58% of his punches and throws more punches...and hitting almost all his POWER punches... he can win by the cards 100% of the time

That gif above, was at the end of a round and thats why the ref was stepping in... at other times yes I felt there was way to much grabbing by Money..but aye...it is what it is...you want the belts...knock me the **** out and dont BITE me

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Incredibly disappointed in Kenny Bayless, I hold him in high regard but he was utter **** tonight

8. downbytheriver

Do featherweight boxers really need to limit themselves to 2 fights a year? Seems way too light of a load. Cant believe his next fight will be in May after this snoozefest.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No.

Golovkin fights at least 3/4 times a year and hes a freaking middleweight.

its not like this was some pacquiao/morales war anyway.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

pac wouldn't be able to touch him. mayweather v ggg @ 154 is where it's at but that won't happen.

money's next fight will probably be "glass joe" kahn. kahn has a glass jaw and the huge uk fan following. that's win/win for mayweather.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Maidana posed some issues in the first fight because of his awkward punching angles. Pacquiao is a far superior boxer, he isn't what he once was, but he's still formidable.

Mayweather wont go NEAR Golovkin. His dad just flat out dismissed that saying Floyd can still make 140 how you want him to take on Golovkin.

Ideally, Pacquiao happens in May, but more realistically it goes Kahn in may and the Pacquiao in Sep.

12. VanityHalfBlack

It's not the fact that Mayweather won that pissed me off, it's the fact that there was a rematch in the first place, why??? I thought Mayweather won the first one decisively and for those that know their boxing track records, Mayweather does even better in a rematch, so why even have a rematch to begin with for fukk sakes, why goddamit/why??

13. what

what Member

I am so over mayweather. There is nothing appealing to me about what he does in the ring anymore.

People say that Mayweather is keeping boxing alive. I think he is putting the nail into the coffin. His style is terrible, his antics (especially his negotiation tatics) are despicable, hand-picking his referee and making sure that he is protected in the ring.

It's not even real boxing anymore, it's more like WWE. Literally the only thing people care about with mayweather is will he get knocked out. I personally just wish he would retire and save boxing the embarrassment.

14. gambingo

gambingo Member

I didn't even care enough to watch it free.

15. dragician

dragician Member

3 kinds of people who paid for Floyd's PPV.

1. Floyd's fans.
    2. Maidana's fans.
    3. Idiots.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I might be the only person here who respects Floyd as a boxer. :)

I don't criticize someone for trying not to get hit. If he weren't landing big punches, I'd get the criticism. But he uses his best attribute (speed and spidey sense) to his advantage....as he should.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Same here - didn't even watch this one for free.

18. what

what Member

You miss the point. It's not that Floyd doesn't like to get hit. Guillermo Rigondeaux doesn't like to get hit either, and I love watching him fight.

Floyd's defense actually begins WELL before he gets into the ring.

From picking the perfect sized ring to picking the right fighter to picking the right referee, to coming in overweight and taking a penalty, to making sure that Marcos couldn't hurt him too much by spending 1.5 million to make the gloves more cushiony, and then when he gets in the ring he doesn't have to show superior skill, he can just coast through the fights, which is exactly what he does.

Floyd will never fight an actual true contender with superior skill because they won't take floyd's bs.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So tell me how many "true contenders" Floyd dodged, except for Paq? There are barely two or three fighters in the world in his weight class that could give him a run.

And tell me how many of these guys don't take Floyd's "bs" and declined a fight?

20. dragician

dragician Member

the true contender.

[​IMG]