1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate "James Harden Doesn't Play Defense" Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Apr 18, 2014.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

This. Harden has looked solid.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

LAWL.

Thing is, Harden DOES have the odd brain fade on defence. But his contributions apart from that seem to be stellar!

3. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

so you're betting on Harden playing defense next season? lol well hope ya right

4. onreego

onreego Member

This is actually great to see.

My concern is that he is defending players that are just not as athletic and quick as your everyday NBA 2 guard.

Still great to see him focusing more.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden's been playing defense, but his drating is because he's always on the court with Faried/Davis because no other team usa guard knows how to play with them.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If that were true then why does he have a higher d-rating than Faried and Davis, while Gay and Drummond off the bench have higher D-ratings than Faried Davis and Harden? Also #1 in steals might have a tiny bit to do with his d-rating. The stats and the eyeball test don't lie: James Harden is not only just performing as a plus defensive guy in the world cup, he's playing D at a high level.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He's def playing elite defense outside of a few mental lapses. The guy had more steals and blocks than any guard on the team. That's super impressive, he's been fighting through screens and chasing his man when last season he would have gave up. He knows if he wants to truly be considered one of the great players in the game and be mentioned in the likes of lebron Kobe and durant that he has to play some D. He's already impacts the game more than all but maybe 5 players in the league and that's playing no defense at all.

I think because of all the hoopla that's been made about his defense people really think his offense is a gimmick and can be replicated by anyone. When in reality his offense is truly elite and hof worthy assuming he can keep it up for another 6 yrs. anytime you do something for the sg position that only Jordan has done your pretty good and Hopefully he can at least prove himself to rockets fans so this board can be better lol.

8. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Remember this guys Harden is playing on team USA...not heavy minutes and LOTS of depth. Coach K wants guys to play hard 100% of the time their on the court because he knows when the players on the court get tired he has 7 more players that he can go to. I will still bet Harden will be a BAD defensive player when he comes back to Houston to play 30 plus minutes for 82 regular season games. We will see when next season comes, no excuses HOF.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Or maybe we are just Rockets fans who want their best player to take his game to the next level. I don't think there were too many guys who started liking the Rockets just for Harden.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The US team plays at a much higher tempo with those 2 on the floor, but you're literally looking at a differential of a couple minutes a game.

11. traveler

traveler Member

lol

You really hate Harden huh?

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We have this word around here... BELIEVE

13. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

I never really understood the term "_OF"; since when has it been wrong to say good things and hope for the best from each Rocket playing for our team? When I defended Casspi (I stand corrected now) from criticism I got branded as a COF. Same for Lin.

14. zoids

zoids Member

Since Yao's era back around 2003/2004 season here at clutchfans when Yao was becoming the best centre in NBA.

15. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

https://vine.co/v/OBzlMDeIuO6/embed

NBA2k15 with authentic portrayal of Harden defense.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OBzlMDeIuO6/embed/postcard" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Very true. Bad habit will always need some time to be corrected. But I'm so damn glad that his attitude on defense is on check during WC.

Last year, defensive holes at 2 and 4 were the biggest problems. We might have had some lapse on the offensive end with Parsons and Lin left, but with Harden picking up defense and Ariza strengthening defense at 2/3, I don't think Rockets will perform worse than last year.

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's labeling and profiling. It's another form of McCarthyism, when you were labeled as a communist you were automatically down. Easy and convenient.

18. chandlerbang21

Hardens rep on defense is already in the gutter no matter how good his stats say he may be no one will care because of the YouTube video

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

20. bmd

bmd Member